• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
Got a small problem at the minute. Running the latest bios and system is in my sig. Something seems to be causing an issue with the RAM. It was working fine since purchase (July) @ 3600mhz 18 19 19 39

For about a month everytime I boot for the first time the system fails, and after a bit of restarting itself eventually boots with the bios reset, RAM back down to default 2400mhz and loads windows. If I then restart and load the saved user settings in the bios, it then reboots and all is well. Its as stable as can be once in windows. 2nd time works everytime.

I've tried the RAM at 1.35v, 1.4v and even gone down to 1.3v. No changes.

Any ideas?

(and I did save the bios settings on this version, not a previous version as seemingly caused problems before)

Caporegime
Got a small problem at the minute. Running the latest bios and system is in my sig. Something seems to be causing an issue with the RAM. It was working fine since purchase (July) @ 3600mhz 18 19 19 39

For about a month everytime I boot for the first time the system fails, and after a bit of restarting itself eventually boots with the bios reset, RAM back down to default 2400mhz and loads windows. If I then restart and load the saved user settings in the bios, it then reboots and all is well. Its as stable as can be once in windows. 2nd time works everytime.

Any ideas?

(and I did save the bios settings on this version, not a previous version as seemingly caused problems before)

I had that problem, I wiped the BIOS and it kept going. So I removed the 1usmus power plan and that seemed to fix it.

Caporegime

Any ideas?

I'm back to constant cold boot issues. Even resets the clock everytime. I just reapply my profile when it finally boots and perfectly stable. Frustrating. Not a big fan of this board.

Soldato
I'm back to constant cold boot issues. Even resets the clock everytime. I just reapply my profile when it finally boots and perfectly stable. Frustrating. Not a big fan of this board.

Bad board ?

Mines been fine from launch tbh . Not impressed with the bois though, Going back to gigabyte for my next update

Associate

Still ongoing for me, stopped trying to fix it as I cant find anything. And yeah everything was ok until the 2.5 bios (I think) which they deleted. Carried on to bios 2.70, not tried the beta 2.73.

It did boot up properly once the other day for the first time in about two months...so that's once in probably 80+ first boots that its worked.

Pretty sure its not the ram as it worked fine at 3600 MHz for 6 months and is rock solid stable once i'm in windows.

Edit - And yeah clock also resets.

Associate
Can you not flash to an older bios?
What do you call high memory clocks?

Have you considered replacing the bios battery?
Just the symptoms sound like bios is not saving.

Not inadvertantly connected a plug or wires to the clear cmos jumper?

Don't be offended just trying to think of less obvious causes.

Last edited:
Associate
Can you not flash to an older bios?
What do you call high memory clocks?

Have you considered replacing the bios battery?
Just the symptoms sound like bios is not saving.

Not inadvertantly connected a plug or wires to the clear cmos jumper?

Don't be offended just trying to think of less obvious causes.

Yeah going back to an older bios is an option but it seems a bit of a waste.

I'm just trying to run 8pack 3866 ram at 3600. Nothing exciting and worked fine between July and December.

Could easily replace the battery so will give it a go but instinct says that will do nothing. Its not that the bios doesn't save, it does, it just wont boot from cold.

The process is this:

Turn PC on. Doesn't make it as far as the post screen and just cycles through error codes for a couple of minutes with the fans at full chat.
PC restarts after a couple of minutes with default bios settings and posts and boots windows.
Restart PC and enter bios. Either manually enter correct settings or load them from saved (doesn't matter).
PC boots fine every time.

Now if I restart again or power on straight after shutting down the pc will boot fine with the correct settings. But once left for a lengthy period the above applies.

Soldato
My brothers on the x570 taichi running 2.50 bios, I've also noticed ram overclocking isnt a strong point on this board. He has the 8pack 3600 kit and I overclocked it for him to 3800 which run stable with 0 errors in memtest but would always error until i changed TRCDRD from 16 to 17, now this run fine for a week then had cold boot loop which reset the bios. Now I originally thought that it was maybe that the CPU infinity frabic had a issue with 1900 which wasnt picked up in memtest or aida so i backed the ram down to 3733 and again this was fine for 2 weeks then another boot loop so this time i've played with SOC and VDDG voltages and its been ok now for 2 weeks so will wait and see.

I just dont think ram overclocking in general is great on this board as i've been able to get higher freq and tighter timings on my own budget b450 tomahawk max with the same 8pack ram and never had any issues with memory training.

One thing I have noticed is on xmp the board defaults the SOC voltage to 1.2 and VDDG and VDDP to 1.0979 which is quite high imo. for reference on my tomahawk SOC is 1.1 VDDG is 0.950 and VDDP is 0.900.

Last edited:
Associate
I've had the exact same issue as you guys! Settings that used to work stopped working on newer BIOSs (bootloop into reset bios then wrong clock). I finally fixed it by manually setting the following:
SOC voltage: 1.1v
VDDG: 0.950
VRDP: 0.9

Not a single issue since

Associate
I've had the exact same issue as you guys! Settings that used to work stopped working on newer BIOSs (bootloop into reset bios then wrong clock). I finally fixed it by manually setting the following:
SOC voltage: 1.1v
VDDG: 0.950
VRDP: 0.9

Not a single issue since

Nice one, will give this a go later.

Back
Top Bottom