Spec me a 24-25" 144hz 1080P Screen

Don
Morning all - looking for some help choosing a 24-25" 144hz 1080P Screen for my step-son's Birthday present.

He mostly plays Fortnite/Counterstrike/Overwatch, and has an AMD card so looking for something with Freesync. Currently using a 23" 60Hz LG TN Monitor.

Budget is between £150-£200, so just looking for any opinions or any other choices that I may have overlooked.

(Doesn't need to be Height Adjustable as long as it has a Vesa mount, as I have a spare Height adjustable stand)

I've included a bit of a list below, but the shortlist really is:

- AOC G2590FX/G2590PX - TN panel and seemed ideal with the slightly newer and larger panel, but apparently has interlacing artifacts when panning e.g. across tall grass.
- AOC 24G2U - IPS panel and top of NCX Monitor shortlist, includes height adjustable stand, USB hub, speakers etc. Downside seems to be a lot of reports of dead pixels
- LG 24GL600F-B/24GL650F-B - TN Panel, but cheap and reasonable reviews - currently happy with his almost 10 year old LG.
- iiyama G-Master Red Eagle GB2560HSU-B1 - Again TN Panel, but slightly bigger 24.5" panel (maybe same as G2590FX?). Not sure if will also have interlacing issues, but have used iiyama at work for years, and never had any dead pixels or other issues (so probably slightly better QC) - can't find many reviews though?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,129.82 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Associate
I’ve received my 24G2U and no pixel issues. If you’re in no rush then it’s really a no brainer to go for it as it’s IPS. And remember, no one is gunna post how their panel has no dead pixels, you’ll just see posts about dead pixels. I’m sure it’s not as bad as it’s made out to be.

Don
OP
Soldato
Another 24G2U buyer here (had it for a couple weeks before owner picked it up). To say I was impressed with the build quality etc for the price would be an understatement. No dead pixels on unit I received.

Associate
Also use those settings, also found new drivers on the AOC website from last month that help. Had it for a month and love it, discovered one dead pixel but it took me a few weeks to notice it and then only only on totally white background. Amazing value and works great with GSync.

Soldato
Did you notice any improvement with the driver?

I just plugged mine in and adjusted the settings on the monitor. Happy with the colours, 144Hz and Freesync working fine, so not sure if I can be bothered :p

Soldato
Ah, so it might be worth doing to see if the colour profile improves image quality.

To be fair, I'm chuffed with the image quality as it is following tweaking of the monitor settings, so will leave as is for now.

Back
Top Bottom