Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
Oh go on then, more black wheels. :D

w1.jpg w3.jpg w4.jpg w10.jpg w7.jpg

Yellow simply looks far better with a dark wheel colour and is certainly what I prefer and though a gunmetal / dark grey would also work with yellow it would not work for me or my car due to the black roof the car has.

Plus the wheel design is quite visible in photos which really do not compare to real life or what the human eye picks up.

So enjoy the black wheels or hate them, they going nowhere! :)

Soldato
I had satin black wheels on the GT4 which was yellow. Looked good in person but definitely lost detail, I’d have preferred gun metal. In pictures it’s tough to see the wheels.

My NSX has dark gun metal wheels, and a black roof. Works well IMO, though the color of the car is less bold than the yellow.

OcUK Staff
Sure it would.

Ive seen an all yellow Ferrari with no black roof and anthracite wheels, that worked fine and was same wheel design and for sure better than black. Link below:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ferrari/458/ferrari-458-italia--5k-miles--over-85k-options--giallo-triplo-strato-paint--extensive-carbon-fibre/10208336

That works!

I’ve seen a yellow very similar to mine so black roof and it had anthracite wheels and carbon side blades and to me the car looked off:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...pe-4-5-semi-auto-petrol/9686372#&gid=1&pid=22

That car is so similar to mine but I hate it something is just not right and it’s either the Matt roof, anthracite wheels or carbon sodeskits whatever it is the car simply looks fussy. Plus many others must agree as that car has been for sale for months they can’t sell it whereas my car had a queue forming to buy it.

I can also achieve dark grey wheels by just letting mine get some dirty and dust on them and I honestly prefer them black and in person to me it’s a none issue as the design can easily be seen due to how thin spokes and offset by huge disc behind them but even the Abarth has black wheels and they look fine too so maybe I’m not as offended by black wheels as others.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom