Which ferry operator between Dover to Calais?

Soldato
Couldn't say, the last time I crossed the channel to get to France the vehicle had four whopping turboprop engines and a skirt. That said, I'm guessing they're all similar so just pick the cheapest one.

Soldato
Couldn't say, the last time I crossed the channel to get to France the vehicle had four whopping turboprop engines and a skirt.

I miss this, definitely the most fun and exciting way to cross!

As others have said whichever goes at the time and cost you want. I value a good rest on the crossing but the rows of big high backed comfy seats for a snooze all seem to have vanished on trips in the last 20 years :(

Soldato
Ferry if in a car, train if on a bike. The both combinations pretty much guarantee that you'll get on the next crossing, but not vice versa (limited bike spaces on ferries, limited car spaces on the train).

Soldato
I'd actually avoid the ferry. I've done 2 trips on the train and several on the ferry. I've had very bad delays on the ferry in good weather, and been stuck off the coast this end in very bad weather, 70mph winds, in a ferry being tossed about all over like a cork.

Never had issues with the train as a drive-on.

Man of Honour
I used to use P & O a million years ago, the M.V. Lion, it probably stopped running
about the same time that people stopped ordering Harvey Wallbangers.

Back
Top Bottom