**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Associate
Have a dual SIM S9 I got from Amazon...it's security updates haven't been updated since August 2018! Any ideas? Have I to update it manually?

Associate
I've had a Dome Glass on since last June on a Galaxy S9 plus. Expensive but has worn really well. I work in agriculture so comes into contact with plenty of 'crud' though I try to take a little care with it. Dome glass fitted really well and edges never lifted. Phone wears a Mous case too - also expensive, but between the 2 have kept the phone in one piece.

Thanks. Have seen the Dome Glass protectors and it does look a lot better than the normal tempered glass protectors with the adhesive strip round the edges that she has been using (and cracking/getting crap under)

Associate
Had an update today on my S9. Glad that it hasn't been forgotten :)

Yes, same here. Don't think it'll be forgotten about for some time yet! Probably get the next version of Android too, though may be a long wait.

Camera has gone blurry on my S9+. Keep getting a message about cleaning the lens, though it is clean usually. Top lens is worse than bottom. It could possibly have got dust inside but it is difficult to see any. I'll have drop it in to the TechGuys at Carphone Warehouse for repair.

Associate
Anyone know if carphone warehouse will do a battery replacement on this? Or if not how much do samsung charge outside of warranty?

When I drop mine in at Carphone for camera lens repair then I was going to suggest a new battery as over a year old and seems to have some wear but no idea if they will under warranty and if not how much.

Associate
Not sure if this has been asked before but I've turned off the bixby button a while ago and I can't work out how to turn it back on, does anyone know?
I fancy trying bixby again - anyone know how to turn it back on?

Soldato
Just noticed that my [Vodafone] S9+ was on the December 2018 patch level - when checking, it states that there were no new updates, but looking online, my phone ought to be on the July 2019 patch.

I manually loaded PIE a few weeks before it was released, using links within this thread - so wonder if anyone else has the same?

Currently loading the latest update via ODIN.

Associate
Hi guys

Can someone please help with my s9plus .

Every time i type a long text it converts it to mms and then i get charged , i have changed the settings to free but to no avail and can see no other way to alter it .

I can't be the only one with this problem ?

Are people using a separate messaging app .

Soldato
Hi guys

Can someone please help with my s9plus .

Every time i type a long text it converts it to mms and then i get charged , i have changed the settings to free but to no avail and can see no other way to alter it .

I can't be the only one with this problem ?

Are people using a separate messaging app .

You should, but if you're typing texts longer than the permitted length that isn't an issue with Samsung.

I use Handcent for texts. It's good.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just installing 10. That was a surprise, I didn't expect a new version of Android on this model. I guess many owners of this like me, are about due the upgrade to a new phone.

Im just downloading it myself, looking forward to see what's new! I purchased my s9 on release day and still going strong, no plans to upgrade yet. :)

I hope it does not slow the phone down.

Associate
Just got mine today. Nice to see it updated. Hopefully the battery life and speed stays the same. Will keep me ticking along till upgrade date in September. Probably go with the base model S20/11 as I’m happy with my S9 it’s been fantastic.

Consigliere
Im just downloading it myself, looking forward to see what's new! I purchased my s9 on release day and still going strong, no plans to upgrade yet. :)

Mm similiar situation. I am on a special upgrade quickly contract with EE so after 6 months you pay 150 for the next one, 8 months it's 100 or something like that. :o

Back
Top Bottom