Alienware AW3420DW

Permabanned
I am trying to decide whether to get one as well.

The question for me is, is 100Hz ( guaranteed ) worth it? Or should I wait until there are a ton of 144Hz monitors around in a few years. Also I am not sure that I really want to pay for G-Sync. I have had a few Freesync monitors and I find them perfectly fine. It seems excessive to me to pay for G-Sync when at the moment it's largely limited to 100Hz ( 120Hz Overclocked ). I mean what I am saying is do I spend £1000 on a monitor now or wait until the £2500 monitors come down in price. I am not sure.

Associate
OP
I have had the monitor for about a week now. Literal game changer, honestly. I've gone from a 23.5" to a 34" and I cannot explain how good it is to get home and play. I'm running a 980TI with a I7 3930k and 16GB and whilst the frames are great for most games, I will definitely need to upgrade the card and processor for newer gen games I reckon.

Waiting for the new RTX series.. but also not sure what processor to get..

Associate
Are your screen panels flush with the frames?

Mine starts off flush at the top and then moves to about a 5mm gap at the bottom.

I'm wondering if this is because it's a curved screen or a manufacturing design / fault?

Associate
Great thanks for the reply. I was worried it was a manufacturing fault.

I'm loving this monitor. WoW, Diablo, Destiny and Battlefield games look awesome on it.

Associate
OP
Guys, for those of you that have this monitor, what settings do you use for G-SYNC? i.e. I have it enabled in the control panel, but would I need to use v-sync in-game as well or enable v-sync in the control panel but disable in-game etc, etc?

Soldato
Guys, for those of you that have this monitor, what settings do you use for G-SYNC? i.e. I have it enabled in the control panel, but would I need to use v-sync in-game as well or enable v-sync in the control panel but disable in-game etc, etc?

v-sync enabled in the Nvidia control panel.

v-sync disabled in game.

Associate
@Hades What colour settings are you using in terms of brightness/contrast etc?

Mines at 37 and 85 % respectively (as opposed to 75/75 out of the box)

Associate
Hi all.
I'm in the process of readying my spec for OCUK to build a PC and was considering the 5700XT GPU. Could I ask those of you who have this monitor (AW3420DW) what GPU's your running it with ? ta

Caporegime
Hi all.
I'm in the process of readying my spec for OCUK to build a PC and was considering the 5700XT GPU. Could I ask those of you who have this monitor (AW3420DW) what GPU's your running it with ? ta
I run a 2070 Super with it's predecessor, the AW3418DW and it works great.

Man of Honour
@Hades What colour settings are you using in terms of brightness/contrast etc?

Mines at 37 and 85 % respectively (as opposed to 75/75 out of the box)
I've left everything on default (apart from setting it to 120hz) and am happy with it.

Hi all.
Radeon VII - works perfectly including adaptive sync.

Back
Top Bottom