*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
I'm very tempted as well. Probably going to hold off for a few weeks and see what the rumours around the possible upgraded version turn into.

Not out until march so no harm in waiting a little bit.

Soldato
Never believe what an executive says during an earnings call.

Here's a quote from last year.

“As a general rule, we’re always working on new hardware, and we will announce it when we are able to sell it,” President Shuntaro Furukawa told reporters in Osaka, according to Bloomberg. “But we have no plans to announce that at this year’s E3 in June.”

Blatant lies and misdirection to avoid a drop in sales...

Man of Honour
Never believe what an executive says during an earnings call.

Here's a quote from last year.

“As a general rule, we’re always working on new hardware, and we will announce it when we are able to sell it,” President Shuntaro Furukawa told reporters in Osaka, according to Bloomberg. “But we have no plans to announce that at this year’s E3 in June.”

Blatant lies and misdirection to avoid a drop in sales...

They cannot lie to investors without huge financial penalties.

They can say whatever they want to the common press.

Soldato
How is that a blatant lie? Of course they are always working on new hardware.... are intel working on new CPUs, are Microsoft working on the next xbox the day after the new one drops, of course.

For the second part you’ll have to wait and see. They said, no hardware at E3 2020, that’s not a particularly hard promise to keep. They could drop it the day before/after E3 and it wouldn’t be a lie...

Soldato
I'm loving the Switch far more than I thought I would. Purely bought it because I was very jealous of a friend on during a flight, I travel a fair bit and I can, but I'm finding myself playing it at home when I have a PS4 Pro and a perfectly good PC. I think with those I tend to go for more online play, be it with RL friends on the PC or just FIFA on the PS4, both of which take up 20-120 minutes realistically. The Switch is so pick-up-and-go that you feel like you can just play it for 10 mins whilst dinner's cooking and pop it down again. Of course most of the time you end up playing far more...

Really enjoying Luigi's Mansion. Again, bought for the co-op but as you need to unlock that I've got there and past it without the OH getting a look in. I'm a Nintendo noob as well really, don't have any nostalgia particularly about the characters etc and have played very small amounts of prior releases but still really enjoying it.

Soldato
I'm loving the Switch far more than I thought I would. Purely bought it because I was very jealous of a friend on during a flight, I travel a fair bit and I can, but I'm finding myself playing it at home when I have a PS4 Pro and a perfectly good PC. I think with those I tend to go for more online play, be it with RL friends on the PC or just FIFA on the PS4, both of which take up 20-120 minutes realistically. The Switch is so pick-up-and-go that you feel like you can just play it for 10 mins whilst dinner's cooking and pop it down again. Of course most of the time you end up playing far more...

Really enjoying Luigi's Mansion. Again, bought for the co-op but as you need to unlock that I've got there and past it without the OH getting a look in. I'm a Nintendo noob as well really, don't have any nostalgia particularly about the characters etc and have played very small amounts of prior releases but still really enjoying it.
Same for me, never had a Nintendo before, Breath of the Wilds has reminded me how good a top single payer game should be.
Last game I enjoyed like this was games like Metal Gear Solid and FF7.

Associate
I thought Nintendo just confirmed that there is no upgraded version of the switch coming in 2020?

Edit...
https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/n...for-nintendo-switch-pro-in-2020-confirms-boss

Fair enough. Thanks for the link.

Still baffles me how people soak up all the rumors... Six months after the Switch launched "pro version coming THIS YEAR"

As I said I was waiting to see where the rumours went since it's still a month till that version of the console comes out. No harm in that.

Caporegime
Release day purchase for me.

I spent a ridiculous amount of time on the Gamecube version. Many nostalgic memories there for me. It will be a very relaxing and therapeutic lite sim style game. I am not sure if it will still use real time as a factor like it did previously. I think it does.

Caporegime
Any opinions on the PowerA Enhanced Wireless controllers? I know they lack Rumble, NFC and take 2xAA batteries, but are they actually any good considering how cheap they are?

Nintendo for some reason like to charge insane amounts for their accessories and controllers.

I mean 2 joycons are what £60-£80 and they have drift issues.

I'm sure on mine the motion doesn't work correctly too on 1 of the 4 I have.

I'm afraid you just need to bite the bullet and buy official or buy the 2bitdo or 3bitdo - can't remember the name now controllers.

Back
Top Bottom