*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

V F

V F

Soldato
That's what I'm not convinced about, I think they provably still collect the data as usual but it's just not sent to Sony.

I'm not complaining mind, I want full privacy rather than a summary of my game time.

The question was just interesting to me as I have to deal with data syncs between systems at work.

While old post, what's there to be private on the console? Apart from payment details, address etc but overall, there is nothing to be paranoid about.

Soldato
While old post, what's there to be private on the console? Apart from payment details, address etc but overall, there is nothing to be paranoid about.

There is no need for companies to be recording everything we do all the time, it's more the principal than anything else, but I know I'm in the minority who actually care about this.

Soldato

It's not necessarily about specifically private data, but more the data that various apps and services collect that can then be used by those companies (or the companies they sell or send it to e.g. Facebook) to build a profile about you. There have been plenty of occasions too where services have collected more than just anonymous user activity data without disclosing or even realising.

Soldato
Re2 is so good, I'm a few hours into it. I played and completed the original many years ago, more than once I'm guessing, but this feels all new to me. I'm actually struggling a bit, finding it quite difficult to shrug off Mr X.

Back
Top Bottom