What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Got the Crown & Buckle Obsidian one piece adjustable NATO today...

...Easily top NATO strap for quality and design I have had yet. Not as stiff as a genuine Maratac but I only had those in 22mm which tend to be thicker anyway.
Do you have a list of all the NATO straps you have tried out, over the years?

My interest is primarily 22mm for my potential Pelagos, but that size would also fit my other watch as well.

Man of Honour
Do you have a list of all the NATO straps you have tried out, over the years?

My interest is primarily 22mm for my potential Pelagos, but that size would also fit my other watch as well.

Too many to list off the top of my head but I have photographed the majority of the good ones!

I can vouch for Watchgecko's Zulu NATOs as well as genuine Maratac branded ones. RSM straps have a substantial quality in look and feel Herringbone series as do Crown & Buckle's new Chevron range. My ultimate favourite though is the surgical rubber grade NATOs from Watchgecko (branded by Zuludiver). They are so soft, so comfy and look so good. They do cost a bit between £28 and £42 depending on model, but they are worth every penny.

Pelagps specifically then my favourite NATO will remain the Zuludiver 328 from Watchgecko.

But if you are no a fan of rubber materail for straps then the Crown & Buckle Chevron or RSM straps Herringbone canvas are extremely high quality whilst the Zulu brand ones come with buckles with removable springbars so you could use the Tudor buckles on those.if you wanted to I guess.

Here's what my fav ones looked like, all available in 22mm too.

Crown & Buckle Chevron Obsidian (currently my favourite looking non rubber NATO on the market I think due to the weave design and quality):
_26A7837_Edit.jpg

RSM straps Herringbone:
_26A6432.jpg

ZuluDiver 328:
_26A5929.jpg

The Horween ChromXL was a great soft leather NATO on the Pelagos too:
_26A0294.jpg

Other classics include the Vintage Bond but it's not as thick as the others:

_26A5894.jpg

Monkeyswag (MKS) also do some Maratac rivalling NATOs in canvas but only WatchGecko seem to sell the Zulu brand which offers removable buckles.
A26A3934.jpg

Timefactors version with newer design hardware:
A26A8643_Edit.jpg

Perlon selection, I had black and green:
_26A0063.jpg

The best til last though, Zuludiver 328, I have the later model seaton on my current watch though. Same type of rubber, just slightly different buckles:
_26A5527.jpg

Soldato
Not my fault, I guess a previous owner has took the original strap off (the one shown) and fitted another one, then changed it back when I got it. You rarely see them with the original strap.

Soldato
Too many to list off the top of my head but I have photographed the majority of the good ones!
Thank you very much for all of that information! I'm off to the US later this month, so will probably put an order in for some of the US straps you mentioned.

Let me know if you want anything and I'll add it to the order.

Soldato
I have found a private seller who has a BNIB Pelagos, with all the original stickers still in place as well as a purchase receipt... but I have no way of knowing for sure if the watch is genuine. The chap seems legit, but you would certainly want to appear legit, right?

Is there a way of authenticating a Tudor, for a small fee? Could I take it to an AD for them to inspect?

Soldato
Just called Rolex and they will take the watch in for service and only give an estimate if it is genuine, but will not officially state that the watch is genuine.

Back
Top Bottom