Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think Obama liked the UK, Trump I suspect just likes the idea of a weak UK who will be more willing to do what he wants.

I'd personally rather rely on a president like Obama even if he didn't like us much, knowing he'd abide by treaties and obligations than someone like Trump who'll drop any obligations the moment he sees a profit in doing so and whose "friendship" is pretty much entirely reliant on how much he thinks he'll get out of it today.
Sorry but you dont know what you're talking about.

Tactically the USA wants the UK to be as strong as it possibly can, that goes for Military and Economy. A strong UK stands in the face of the EU globalism and its obvious failings. A Singapore on Thames is about the best outcome they could ask for.

Associate
Short memory?

"Barack Obama has warned that the UK would be at the “back of the queue” in any trade deal with the US if the country chose to leave the EU, as he made an emotional plea to Britons to vote for staying in."

"He added: “The UK is going to be in the back of the queue.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...obama-brexit-uk-back-of-queue-for-trade-talks

Did you read what he said? Or maybe you're ignorant enough to think you don't join a queue from the back.

Have to laugh at the Brexiteers who think Trump isn't going skin the UK when it comes to doing a deal. Clue is in all his nationalistic language. AMERICA ('s rich) FIRST.

Obama threatened our country with negative consequences (no immediate trade deal) if we voted to leave the EU, seems abuse of power (not an impeachable crime but still) is fine though if you're a globalist.

You don't get an 'immediate' trade deal unless you bend over and don't even try negotiating yourself a better position. I dare say many here would be happy with that.

Soldato
Did you read what he said? Or maybe you're ignorant enough to think you don't join a queue from the back.

Have to laugh at the Brexiteers who think Trump isn't going skin the UK when it comes to doing a deal. Clue is in all his nationalistic language. AMERICA ('s rich) FIRST.

Trump loves the UK, he loves the Queen, he loves Scotland as his grandmother was Scottish, he likes Boris more than most other leaders. We're easily his favourite country outside of America; and that actually matters when it comes to Trump.

Permabanned
Perhaps, but given that the Dems still love Clinton and always supported him and his immoral ways I'll just stick with my guy.

Not about Clinton or the Dems, its about having some morals. Besides, Trump has eclipsed Bill in the immoral department.

Quite bizarre for a country which claims to be "God fearing" to not care about any Christian values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom