Do you smoke inside the house or only outside ?

Permabanned
Outside only but I will smoke inside my car or van.

I’m all for banning smoking completely though at least that way I could take the government seriously with their war on drugs.

Soldato
LOL

About 2 weeks ago my doctor was going onto to me about my smoking and I told her I quit smoking in my new car as I don't want it to smell of smoke and go yellow etc

Her Reply roughly was
You worry more about what smoking is doing to the inside of your car , but not about what it doing to the inside of your body..:o

Its hard to sell a car which someone has smoked in. Even if you scrub everything you can never get rid of the smell.

I think mythbusters did an episode on it years ago, they stripped and cleaned everything in the interior and it was STILL there :D

Associate
Quit ciggies 40 years ago cos I realised I was chain smoking. went cold turkey for a while then started small cigars and pipe. Switched each time I spent £5 a week. Then 12 years ago my wife sent me to a hypno-shrink. Had last Tom Thumb cigarillo from new tin. Emerged 2 hours later. Haven't been tempted since. Donated the remaining 9 T Thumbs to a work acquaintance.
Like all reformists/born-agains, I'm now a radical anti-smoking proponent. Social gatherings are so much better without the smoke stink.
Occasionally wander into a local tobacconist just to smell the unburnt pipe tobacco :).

Associate
Never smoked before but started the odd cigar in my 30s.
Couldn't smoke indoors, which is a good thing as it limits me to the nice weather in the summer and I only smoke alone sitting out in the garden. I might have a few cigrellos and maybe one of the expensive ones in a week. Bought a load last year and they're aging in a humidor.
Something to look forward to!

Associate
I might have a few cigrellos and maybe one of the expensive ones in a week. Bought a load last year and they're aging in a humidor. Something to look forward to!

My dad advised me " All things in moderation. Including excess". Seems you've got a nice balance there!

Soldato
Outside for me. I don't even like smoking inside if I'm round a mates house who smokes inside. The smoke always ends up going in my eyes for some reason, and it just feels odd to me in general.

Soldato
Couldn't smoke indoors, which is a good thing as it limits me to the nice weather in the summer and I only smoke alone sitting out in the garden. I might have a few cigrellos and maybe one of the expensive ones in a week. Bought a load last year and they're aging in a humidor.

You never hear that, people taking up smoking after they left school. What made you start at 30, was it the cigars what made you want to start that?

Permabanned
Never smoked in the house. I started smoking when I was 12 and a pack of ten was less than a quid. I'll be 36 this year, so I've been smoking for about 2/3 of my life. Throughout my teens and early 20s it was packs of cigs until it became too expensive and then I switched to roll ups. I'm on the very last bit of tobacco today and I have an appointment with my doctor for next week to get help with quitting. I've tried vaping in the past as an alternative and it's ****. Simply doesn't provide enough nicotine. I'm going to need a lot of patches and will be walking around like a bear with a sore head for a while.

Associate
Started when I was 16- stopped at 22 with no help. Started again at 26 then stopped at 28 with help from an ecig. Started again 6 months ago now (33) and am in the second day with help from an ecig and lozenges.

Need to stop for good now, had asthma and a little girl which is destroying my life as I struggle to breathe on a night and play during the day.

I WILL STOP for good.

Answer to your question, yes I was very lazy and smoked inside.

Associate
I smoke normal B&H

But I am trying my best to give up specially now am older (50 :eek::() and my health & fitness seems to be going down far more quickly these days..

A person who purchases brand cigarettes is an increasingly rare sight! I am talking smokers who favour the classic big name brands - Marlboro/B&H/Dunhill etc. Just googled 20 pack of Marlboro £11.50 - Mayfair £9.50.

Brands deemed 'lower quality' back in the day (Mayfair, Lambert & Butler) very much have a resurgence.

Don't get me wrong - I gave up B&H/Marlboro ciggies for rollies.

Soldato

A cigar every so often isn't going to do much. It's the addicts smoking all the time who are going to get cancer.

Back
Top Bottom