Kolink Stronghold Midi and high temps?

Soldato
I've recently built my son a gaming PC using the Kolink Stronghold Midi case. The spec is:

Kolink Stronghold Midi
PowerColor Radeon RX 590
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler.
Seasonic Core Gold GM-650 650W

Initially we had it setup with the two 120mm fans which come with the case, but my son told me that it was getting very loud when playing Borderlands 3 or any intensive game. So today I've installed another 3 120mm PWM fans and it is now running quiet and not spinning things up to max at all.

However the temps when gaming are sat at 80c for the GPU and 85c for the CPU. Are these very high temps? Should I be concerned or is this acceptable?

The fans are configured as follows:

3 x 120mm on front panel sucking air in.
2 x 120mm on top of case blowing out.
1 x 120mm on back of case blowing out.

The case has a solid metal front, so the only way for air to come in is through a relatively small intake slot on the right hand side of the front panel. I chose the case as it is the one which OcUK use in their Citizen Gaming PC, so I would have thought it must be ok for OcUK!

FS1AQOG_196892_750x750.jpg

Thanks

Associate
The stock 3600 cooler isn't great either, it's not as well made as the other AMD coolers. I found my 3600 didn't behave nicely (temps/noise) wise until I got a decent tower cooler on it.

Soldato
OP
Hi all,

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll try as best as possible to remove the front panel and run some temp comparisons to see if it is suffocating the fans as it were.

Splosh, what cooler did you for and what temps were you seeing before and after?

Thanks

Associate
BeQuiet Dark Rock, temps would fluctuate even on idle on stock cooler, sometimes into the 50's for a few seconds, leading to the cooler ramping up and down all the time. Now it idles mid 30's (still seems high to me, but a lot better than 40's and little jumps to 50's. Even when gaming or running something like realbench it doesn't seem to hit over70 now.

Back
Top Bottom