• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Exactly, a tiny minority, and that will continue away from this forum too.

No-one is saying you cant do what you do, you said it was weird people dont. It's not weird, its the norm.

I don't care anymore if you dont like it. I dont give a **** about your feelings.

Err, the majority of my workmates and friends also use consoles connected to monitors and have their PC's on low input lag TV's. I think you're a little out of touch.

Caporegime
Growing up, i had my consoles in my bedroom, the same as all my other friends. I dont thinking it really matters does it?
Of course kids will have consoles in their bedroom. I think the context of the discussion was more related to grown adults who have their own places and freedom of choice.

And no, it certainly doesn't matter in any real sense.

bru

bru

Soldato
Err, the majority of my workmates and friends also use consoles connected to monitors and have their PC's on low input lag TV's. I think you're a little out of touch.

93.14157% of people use a PC on desk with a monitor.

The same number of people also like pie. ;)

Oh yes and 87.4% of statistics are made up. Except the six out of seven dwarves are not happy one.:p:D:p

Soldato

The proof is in the pudding really.

Nvidia has been going around and doing gsync certification on TV's like LG OLED's. Why would they waste time and resources if they didn't think that lots of gamers use these screens for their Nvidia PC? That's because they do and it's becoming more common each year - I know two gamers who in the last few weeks went out and bought a new TV to play PC games on it. It's just those old fogies sitting with their hunchbacks at a desk gaming on a 22 inch tiny monitor won't understand, they are living in the 90s and that's their problem - progress won't stop for them.

Soldato
I move my PC around a bit depending on the sort of gaming I’m doing.

living room for couch gaming with a pad
Bedroom again with Pad
Desk for Tarkov and strategy
Attic for steering wheel and flight sim
Sometimes I stick a kb/mouse on the coffee table and stay in the living room

Don’t really enjoy gaming on anything smaller than 32” even on the desk.

Soldato
Considering the CPU in the current consoles is the equivalent of an AMD Athlon 64 from 2005 in terms of raw performance but with 8 cores then I would consider that super optimised. Imagine what they can get out of the modern 8 core Zen 2/Ryzen 3000 CPU in the new consoles.
That's secondary (I do get your point though). Primary is the performance, the experience, the user and when the game runs under 30fps (locked 60 is a dream), with all sorts of problems, with resolution getting lower at times to compensate for the lack of power, long loading times, etc., super optimized is not a term I would use. Average Joe doesn't care about the magic that's happening under the hood, he just wants things to work good. :)

Don
Okay guys, calm it, stop the name calling, just because people like to game differently doesnt make them weird, this is a GPU forum so keep it to the GPUs and stop with the name calling and keep on topic

Stelly

Associate
Associate
"You won't be disappointed" = the shareholders won't be disappointed with the high price :p :(

He's launching the 2020 instalment plan - 36 easy payments of £100 to become the proud owner of a next gen ampere gpu - with free glitter.

We've had the Super and KO editions this gen but they've plucked the latest and greatest name from the depths of Jensen's leathery pockets to bring you the 3080ti Super FU edition, because longer names mean higher prices :p

Associate
I'm betting on this being an announcement and not a launch, there's too much inventory in the channel, no shortages anywhere which suggest they haven't cut production yet... or maybe ampere will slot in above current pricing like they did with turing over pascal :O
I agree don't Nvidia always have there own events for graphics card launch?

Back
Top Bottom