Attempted Insurance Fraud

Soldato
Go to the police, preferably get your insurance co. to do it for you. Do you have legal cover?

I'm pretty sure they will advise him that there is no case here as no one was injured and no damage occurred. What will probably happen is that the other party will be placed on the database that I posted a link to earlier.

But hey shoot me down for my cat lady comments as others have.

Soldato
Post footage of the near miss on YouTube and Facebook to shame the wannabe fraudster?

It might make you feel better and alert the fraudster to others he's trying to claim from.

Soldato
OP
Ironic location quoted by the OP given the nature of the thread .... Pentonville Prison :D

Thats cos I am banned from MM for accumulated infractions over a 20 year period of membership :) Mods don't seem to like the concept of rehabilitation of offenders.

Back on topic

I dont have footage from a dash cam.. I have my Ring footage from home showing me leaving in a scratchless car and returning in a scratchless car.

Yes, I am irked he tried it on. The ****er even claimed for whiplash and sleepless nights when I didn't touch his car. I am annoyed MY insurance company don't seem interested in prosecuting (no idea if his insurance company are/will)

A tiny part of me did wonder if someone should go visit him and give his car the damage for which he claimed... but I'm really not like that.

But gits like him put everyone's premiums up. I had to re-insure a few weeks after that "claim" and have to declare an "unresolved claim" so my premium does get affected. The guy is a pensioner... is he supplementing his pension with fraud?

Soldato
Thats cos I am banned from MM for accumulated infractions over a 20 year period of membership :) Mods don't seem to like the concept of rehabilitation of offenders.

Back on topic

I dont have footage from a dash cam.. I have my Ring footage from home showing me leaving in a scratchless car and returning in a scratchless car.

Yes, I am irked he tried it on. The ****er even claimed for whiplash and sleepless nights when I didn't touch his car. I am annoyed MY insurance company don't seem interested in prosecuting (no idea if his insurance company are/will)

A tiny part of me did wonder if someone should go visit him and give his car the damage for which he claimed... but I'm really not like that.

But gits like him put everyone's premiums up. I had to re-insure a few weeks after that "claim" and have to declare an "unresolved claim" so my premium does get affected. The guy is a pensioner... is he supplementing his pension with fraud?

Because it will cost them more time and money that they would likely get back. They've denied the claim and ended the file. Minimal time & cost to them and that's where they draw the bottom line, Less cost = more profit.

I do however agree with you. If Ins Co actively sought prosecution of attempted Ins fraud then it's likely there would be a helluva lot less of it.

Back
Top Bottom