Wireless IEMS

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've installed the fiil+ app and had a browse around, seems quite substantial really and has a serial checker too to verify a genuine pair. I also noticed a burn-in mode so this kind of shows fiil's higher end audio nature:

RfY1ClE.jpg

Can't check out the EQ pages as I have not go the T1Xs yet but so far the app seems quite cool for sure.

Caporegime
OP
I've installed the fiil+ app and had a browse around, seems quite substantial really and has a serial checker too to verify a genuine pair. I also noticed a burn-in mode so this kind of shows fiil's higher end audio nature:

RfY1ClE.jpg

Can't check out the EQ pages as I have not go the T1Xs yet but so far the app seems quite cool for sure.

A lot of people have had issues getting access to the app or pairing. A tip is to keep location tracking on.

In the review he was going to give the app 5 stars until lots of readers sent him emails complaining about the app and he deducted 2 points for this. It works flawlessly for him though. So it's an all or nothing situation with the app.

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/fiil-t1x-review

full review here which includes several different category breakdowns.

Caporegime
OP
I bought some Cambridge Melomania's around two months ago and they are awesome.
I use Inairs Air2 buds, I cycle every day and they've never come loose.

Do you have anything to compare them against? As at £110 it puts them at double the price of the T1X's and into XM3 territory I saw a deal for them on HUKD at £150-£160 the other day. Probably now gone but if I hadn't bought these I would have likely jumped on those.

Man of Honour
Do you have anything to compare them against?

They are £99 at Richer Sounds.
I have nothing to compare with but I like listening to Slayer, Ghost, Volbeat etc very loud and crystal clear and these produce the goods.
I can hear every instrument detail and so far they have never lost contact with my phone.
My mate came in with some Sony's and they are twice the size of these and since I had them over 2 months ago I've only charged the case once but I only use them about 1hr a day.

Associate
Ok so curiosity got the better of me, no harm in owning loads of headphones right?

q2J8UhUr.jpg

I'll start off by saying my thoughts are that the Cambridge Audio Melomanias blow the FIIL T1x completely out of the water, but here we are comparing a £99 IEM to a £55 IEM.

The FIIIs are decent, don't get me wrong, straight out of the box they are quite pleasing, almost a more 'fun', brighter and forward sound whereas the Melomanias are much more balanced and refined.

The FIIIs have quite a recessed midrange compared to the Melomanias, the FIIIs also have a much harsher top end, which gets quite fatiguing. The bass is there in the FIIIs but it is not overpowered. With faster rock & metal songs the FIIIs can get a little lost and muddy whereas the Melos handle this brilliantly and seem far more agile.

The build quality of the FIIIs feels a lot cheaper compared to the Melo's, the battery life of the FIIIs is also much poorer in comparison.

Comfort-wise this will be pretty subjective but again the Melos feel more comfy, secure and lighter whereas with the FIIIs I haven't quite found the perfect fit yet.

The Melo's are quite honestly one of the most pleasant surprises I've ever had when buying tech.

I'll keep the FIIIs for occasional use so I'll look forward to seeing how these pan out after they have fully burned in. The app is working ok for me and it looks like there are some good options to tune the EQ from within the app, for £55 they look like decent enough value
q2J8UhU

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Another thing I'll say is that over the past 50 years of buying products/toys you can quite often wish you may have spent a little bit more for a product to get something a bit better.
I can honestly say with the Melomania's I haven't had that thought.

Caporegime
OP
Another thing I'll say is that over the past 50 years of buying products/toys you can quite often wish you may have spent a little bit more for a product to get something a bit better.
I can honestly say with the Melomania's I haven't had that thought.

If I was going to spend £100 I'd honestly just spe d the extra and buy xm3's.

Which is why I went with these.

These will always be a temporary measure until I end up with the Sony version

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Can you confirmw hat phone you use them with and if it's a Samsung, can you say if you used Adapt Sound to tune the Fiils to your ears in order to get the best output out of them? Also if you've yet to tweak the Fiil app EQ settings to other settings? I'll need at least a week with them to burn in and use daily to tell if the sound quality is up to scratch.

Associate
That's a good point I'm using a Samsung Note8 and adapt sound is Off currently and I've not done any tweaks yet with the App EQ settings. So there's likely a bit of headroom for personal tuning

Caporegime
OP
XM3s are full sized headphones though?

No I already have those xm3 comes in 2 different types. Wireless iems and wireless full sized. Both with active noise cancelling.

The wireless iem version were on hukd for £150 ish they are the best of the best.

If I was going to spend more than £50those are what I would get.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'll look into it. Hopefully can pick them up on store and use my blue light card discount if I comes to it and the Fiils aren't up to it.

Caporegime
OP
I'll look into it. Hopefully can pick them up on store and use my blue light card discount if I comes to it and the Fiils aren't up to it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-WF-10...words=xm3&qid=1581268509&s=electronics&sr=1-2

£164 on amazon - these are the best of the best. it's what i would be buying if i was looking to spend more than £50. i now it's a big jump but I'd end up getting these anyway so pointless buying something inbetween.

i wanted to see how much use the £50 ones get. as I already have the full sized version and they don't get any use outside of travelling on planes.

the wireless iems are my gym set so £50 seemed ideal as a starting point to see if i get enough use to upgrade to sony

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The price isn't an issue really as it's usually little compromises that get me like proprietary connectors. I bought the Jaybird X3 and imported them for around £130 at around launch as the UK rel see was ages away but the sound quality made me stick with them as they are superb once you tune the DAC with th app but now I want true wireless with Bluetooth 5 support and longer battery life!

Caporegime
OP
get the sony then. there is nothing better than them. every reviewer rates them as the best. head fi, youtube, etc.

if my fiil's get enough use. i'm going to gift the fiil's to the wife and get the sony for myself.

Soldato
get the sony then. there is nothing better than them. every reviewer rates them as the best. head fi, youtube, etc.

if my fiil's get enough use. i'm going to gift the fiil's to the wife and get the sony for myself.

I would definitely agree. I love my Sonys before the charging case broke (something got into the usbc port and when I put cable in it damaged the port). The sound is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom