Will X570 prices drop any-time soon?

Associate
hi there,

I just wondered anyone knows if X570 boards will see a price-drop any-time soon? I wondered because X570 isnt the highest desktop core count any-more. So thought maybe the price might come down a little? isnt B550 supposed to be out soon? I guess that wont really affect X570 prices although.

many thanks,

Soldato
AM4 is the highest core count desktop platform and X570 its top chipset, with more I/O than any other desktop chipset.
Threadripper is HEDT/workstation product.

Soldato
X570 seems expensive but it is good quality in my experience. It will take a 3950X that will destroy some HEDT chips. It then has the potential to run a 4950X when they release. PCIE 4.0 so you're not bottlenecked there any time soon. It really is a high end platform. I can see me running mine for a long time to come.

Caporegime
Prices aren't bad, if you look out for offers you can get budget X570 well below £150, I think £120 is the cheapest I've seen, and midrange boards like the Aorus elite below £200 (been sub £170 at one point).

Associate
OP
okay, thanks guys for your replies. I guess its looking like there wont be any discounts soon. I was looking at a Gigabyte X570 AORUS Pro - but £260 seems steep for mid-range board to me (MBs never seemed as expensive as now). I was hoping to see it for around £200. Maybe hope it comes on today only or something - even £20/30 would help :)

Associate
OP
Well I wanted to check; normally when I buy things, a few days/weeks later it comes down in price. I brought an 3900x before xmas and now its cheaper. If I could save even £20-30 on the MB it would kind-of help towards the extra I paid for the 3900x.

Soldato
As soon b550 is available, them some price drop should be expected, but to be fair, most of the X570 can't justify the extra investment over a good B450.
B550 will be using (decade old) PCIe v3.0, including CPU uplink, and also will have lot lower number of I/O lanes.
So I don't think it will bring much price pressure.
It simply isn't meant to compete for higher end.

Soldato
okay, thanks guys for your replies. I guess its looking like there wont be any discounts soon. I was looking at a Gigabyte X570 AORUS Pro - but £260 seems steep for mid-range board to me (MBs never seemed as expensive as now). I was hoping to see it for around £200. Maybe hope it comes on today only or something - even £20/30 would help :)
For gaming PC you can just get Aorus Elite for £50 less.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...4-x570-chipset-atx-motherboard-mb-57w-gi.html
It still has modern design high efficiency VRM comparable to very high end X470 boards and pretty much overkill for gaming purposes regardless of CPU.
Also it comes still nicely featured with Intel NIC (good driver support), USB BIOS Flashback and has good USB headers selection for adding extra ports to case.
Sure you don't get x8 PCIe slot, but all three (well positioned) chipset slots are available without affecting graphics card's slot and graphics card will aways have full 16 lanes.
(while Aorus Pro has only two available PCIe slots without affecting graphics card's slot)

Where it's at basic level is number of fan headers.
But for example dual front intake fans are always run at same speed and hence you can use splitter cable.

Soldato
Think B550 might be single PCIe 4.0 for GPU only . With Ryzen 4000 few months after and and x670 . Wouldn't be a need for b650 and b550 + x670 would suit the masses, much like b450 & X570 does now. AMD capped themselves a little with b350/450 so close to X470/570, specially if they produce the chipset and sell it to vendors

Associate
OP
Just noticed that the Elite has a 12% discount.. its really tempting!

I was really was after the pro - as you said, the Elite doesnt have the extra x8 - not its ultra useful now but I figured its good to have for any future plans (it will be annoying to need it later and not have it for the sake of £50 or so). I doubt ill be changing cpu/mb for awhile.

atm im using a 3900x in a X370 K5 - which isnt ideal! Ill have think over the weekend if its worth the extra, as I know the elite is a great board.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just noticed that the Elite has a 12% discount.. its really tempting!

I was really was after the pro - as you said, the Elite doesnt have the extra x8 - not its ultra useful now but I figured its good to have for any future plans (it will be annoying to need it later and not have it for the sake of £50 or so). I doubt ill be changing cpu/mb for awhile.

atm im using a 3900x in a X370 K5 - which isnt ideal! Ill have think over the weekend if its worth the extra, as I know the elite is a great board.
Me too. I don't think the 8x would bother me. Or the lack of Intel nic.

If they are both still discounted tomorrow I might pop down :)

Soldato
I was really was after the pro - as you said, the Elite doesnt have the extra x8 - not its ultra useful now but I figured its good to have for any future plans
Well, multi-GPU is pretty much floating dead on water driven by current and winds.
While for other uses x4 PCIe v4 slot has same (8GB/s) bandwidth as x8 PCIe v3 slot.
Already bandwidth of one lane would be lot if cards just moved to PCIe v4.
That bandwidth of single lane has really been the problem why lots of card have needed bigger than x1 slot.

Soldato
If you shop elsewhere you get it much cheaper and a super return process that is completely customer obsessed.

I'm not knocking ocuk here. They are second best :)

Back
Top Bottom