Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Bought this back in September and done the following so far:

- New Brembo brake discs up front with new Brembo callipers and pads.
- New drum housings on the back with new shoes too.
- New serpentine belt fitted.
- New alternator.
- New water pump.
- New thermostat.
- New Mishimoto radiator imported from America.
- New Pioneer headunit, speakers all around and cabling ready for new amp.
- Oil change, oil filter, fuel filter & air filter.

Super comfortable to drive and people seem to get out of my way really quickly...

Hj1GC0a.jpg

Soldato
That's a lovely example @Schnippzle - was that work preventative or reactive? Seems extensive!

Interest and plans. When the M140i was stolen I wanted something that 1) no one in London would steal, and 2) something I could work on. This satisfied both of those. Found a relatively tidy example that I could work on for fun and get easy help via a local garage for the more complex stuff. I had big plans (lift kit, etc...) but life changed. Yes, selling but happy to hold on if a buyer doesn’t appear.

Soldato
Never known a car to get as filthy as the 4C, the sides are caked within 100m of washing it. I’m actually going to try and find some mud flaps / get some made for it, it’s really annoying!

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!

Made even better with some winter dirt.

Now that's just a dinky little package of perfection. I bet the remap is going to give it a nice bump.

Winter Pork:
69vxIAo.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked this iPace up a month and 1000 miles ago. Loving it so far. Electric suits my driving patterns (and tac status!). Not quite Tesla quick, but quick enough and one one peddle driving is awesome.

Takes a few habit changes for long journeys - we're currently in Scotland after a 260 mile drive her including a stop at Gretna to recharge. We'd have made that stop anyway, but instead of 20 mins we stopped for more like 45, then again at Paisley for 2o mins to ensure we arrives at the cottage with a decent range. This is one of the few trips I'll use public charging for anyway though - usually 150 miles in a day is about my max for our driving.

Edit - I need to change my sig - this car is similar power but a hell of a lot quieter!

IMG_7999 by Dave Wrightson, on Flickr

IMG_7971 by Dave Wrightson, on Flickr

IMG_8059 by Dave Wrightson, on Flickr

IMG_7878 by Dave Wrightson, on Flickr

Soldato
Picked this iPace up a month and 1000 miles ago. Loving it so far. Electric suits my driving patterns (and tac status!). Not quite Tesla quick, but quick enough and one one peddle driving is awesome.

Takes a few habit changes for long journeys - we're currently in Scotland after a 260 mile drive her including a stop at Gretna to recharge. We'd have made that stop anyway, but instead of 20 mins we stopped for more like 45, then again at Paisley for 2o mins to ensure we arrives at the cottage with a decent range. This is one of the few trips I'll use public charging for anyway though - usually 150 miles in a day is about my max for our driving.
kr
Funny my dad has just got back from Scotland in his.

He took a gamble on the way home and hoped the indicated range was correct

D2aIDwc.jpg

I said he should have done some laps of the estate when he got back to find out when it actually runs out of juice

Soldato
Funny my dad has just got back from Scotland in his.

He took a gamble on the way home and hoped the indicated range was correct

D2aIDwc.jpg

I said he should have done some laps of the estate when he got back to find out when it actually runs out of juice

Harry Metcalfe did a video on he i-Pace last month, and he tried seeing how much you could push the range. Here's the video starting at the bit where he decides to see how far it will go, but the whole review is well worth a watch to see his experience of the car on a long trip.

The short answer though, seems to be don't run it to 0, or you'll find yourself in severe limp mode.

Soldato
Harry Metcalfe did a video on he i-Pace last month, and he tried seeing how much you could push the range. Here's the video starting at the bit where he decides to see how far it will go, but the whole review is well worth a watch to see his experience of the car on a long trip.

The short answer though, seems to be don't run it to 0, or you'll find yourself in severe limp mode.
I saw that review. I thought it was a little one sided around the charging infrastructure. There's no doubt you do need to plan your long trips with an EV (although you can also get caught out with an ICE car in remote areas of Scotland!, however even a little research would have shown him that a) most networks require pre-registration and so that's just something you do when you first get an EV, then put all the apps in a. neat folder on your phone (although a few more such as Shell are going contactless), and b) Ecotricity is a terribly underfunded and unreliable network. I had no problems on my drive up as I'd used ZapMap to work out the best charge points, using Ionity at Gretna, which are Superfast chargers, and then Instavolt for a quick topup at Paisley, which are regarded as being probably the most reliable and also a simple contactless debit card process, so no app required.

Here's a video of someone doing the NC500, including getting to Scotland and back in an i3, which has a much lower range https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt0PwtUD0MA

Man of Honour
Meanwhile I did the NC500 in a diesel Jaguar XF. A single tank of fuel got me from Devon to Inverness and then did the entire far north route without any range anxiety or needing to fill up at all...

Soldato
Meanwhile I did the NC500 in a diesel Jaguar XF. A single tank of fuel got me from Devon to Inverness and then did the entire far north route without any range anxiety or needing to fill up at all...

Don’t get me wrong, if you do those drives on a regular basis an ICE car still makes more sense. For me it’s a once a year trip. The rest of the time electric is more convenient for me as I never have to visit a petrol station and leave the house everyday with a full ‘tank’

My point was that the Harry Metcalfe video made the public network look worse than it is

Caporegime
Looks great, the iPace is a serious contender for my next car, the HM video focused on motorway driving and subsequent high energy usage with no regen, not a big deal for myself since the car will basically be doing a 60 mile total commute 3-5 days a week on country / village / town roads, perfect electric car territory.

The main thing putting me off is the Jag / Landrover dealer network is terrible and i'd have limited faith in them fixing an electric car.

Back
Top Bottom