House selling /veiwings

Soldato
House has gone on the market semi detached, nextdoor is let out and a new Tennant family moved in 6 months ago .
They are rather a shouty family with a mum and two kids and the lad has he moments slamming doors ect .
Worried the buyers might pick up on this . Would you mention it ? I'm guessing a similar family would make as much noise ?
Anyone been in this situation.
Cheers

Soldato
We were going through similar selling our 1st floor flat. 2 women upstairs with a dog, really barky dog and the family with 2 kids downstairs are notorious door bangers.

Thankfully our buyer was a property mogul anyway and was buying ours for his grandson to live in. They didnt care about the neighbours but I would want to know if next doors were rowdy. Guess we'll find out when we move in to our end of terrace soon.

Soldato
Don't forget to tell them the phone signal is rubbish, the house 4 doors down has NYE parties every year and the postie always comes really late.

No, I wouldn't mention the neighbours.

Soldato
OP
Its definitely pushed us to move earlier , although I wanted to relocate closer to work anyway at some point.
I know home owners and tenants can cause problems , but the landlord has let to this Tennant who works a little and the rest is made up of housing benefits, child tax ect,
Guess that's what happens when the council sell of all the house stock, what a country.

Anyway won't mention it on viewings as I guess some people are more tolerant of this noise than others. Just wish people had a little more respect but I guess that's for a different thread !

Soldato
You'll have to fill out a SPIF that asks about the neighbours and of any disputes/problems. It's a grey area as what to put on it, but if you get asked by the buyer regarding noisey neighbours etc and you've lied, you can open youself up to a potential court case.

Caporegime
You'll have to fill out a SPIF that asks about the neighbours and of any disputes/problems. It's a grey area as what to put on it, but if you get asked by the buyer regarding noisey neighbours etc and you've lied, you can open youself up to a potential court case.

How could that be proven?

As in what's to say the neighbours weren't noisey before and something happened? As in partner caught cheating or partner left the home putting stress on single mother, etc.

I had a guy across the road who had 2-3 work vans as well as 2 vehicles. I thought they were taking the pee with using up all the visitor parking.

However the guy who moved in shortly after them is even worse with no less than 6 vehicles at a time and as many as 10-12 at times. He runs his business from his home and his employees leave their cars their and take the vans away sometimes 2 to a van. Then his own personal vehicles too.

So even if you have good neighbours now bad ones could move in at any time.

Soldato
How could that be proven?

As in what's to say the neighbours weren't noisey before and something happened? As in partner caught cheating or partner left the home putting stress on single mother, etc.

I had a guy across the road who had 2-3 work vans as well as 2 vehicles. I thought they were taking the pee with using up all the visitor parking.

However the guy who moved in shortly after them is even worse with no less than 6 vehicles at a time and as many as 10-12 at times. He runs his business from his home and his employees leave their cars their and take the vans away sometimes 2 to a van. Then his own personal vehicles too.

So even if you have good neighbours now bad ones could move in at any time.

Hence stating it’s a grey area on what to put and could lead to potential court case if you’ve lied.

Regardless of what can happen afterwards with new neighbours etc, it’s at that moment in time that matters.

Back
Top Bottom