Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Driving is just as much about aural pleasure than anything else. At least for me.

Although I kind of agree, and if I choose to do it an EV wouldn't be my first choice, I'm willing to bet that the NC500 would be one of those places you could enjoy no matter what you were driving. Not that I've ever been, but I'm told it's a beautiful drive.

As for the i-Pace, arguments about charging availability aside, I think it's a cracking looking car.

Associate
You should drive an i-Pace on a long journey. The refinement is very good indeed, and the car still performs (both acceleration and handling) well.
Yeah my friend has one and its very well put together inside and seems like a refined drive. Quieter with better materials than my M3P but not sure I felt old enough yet for a Jag and it doesn't corner or accelerate as well as the Tesla (or have the same charging infrastructure). Think the NC500 would be a great laugh in a model 3 performance.

OcUK Staff
Although I kind of agree, and if I choose to do it an EV wouldn't be my first choice, I'm willing to bet that the NC500 would be one of those places you could enjoy no matter what you were driving. Not that I've ever been, but I'm told it's a beautiful drive.

As for the i-Pace, arguments about charging availability aside, I think it's a cracking looking car.

Done actual NC500 twice now, it is simply incredible and the views are amazing and the roads have great visibility and you can have a lot of fun. :)

Soldato
I’ve done the NC500 a few times on bikes. To be honest it’s all about the views, so a comfy bike or car is the best option. A lot of the roads are single track and in the busy months are packed full of camper vans - they really aren’t the best driving roads, especially when the scenery is so epic.

do a track day in the Caterham then cruise round the NC500 enjoying what Scotland has to offer

OcUK Staff
I really want to do it, but the start line being 500 miles away puts me off! If I did it, would probably fly up and rent a Caterham :D.

If I can do it in a track prepared M3 you will be fine. ;)
Done it in M3, Mustang and I did Scotland last year in Ferrari due to Ferrari hospitality, but did not do NC500, but do plan to do so this year, shall probably be in 458 with a couple of Mustang owners. :)

Soldato
If I can do it in a track prepared M3 you will be fine. ;)
Done it in M3, Mustang and I did Scotland last year in Ferrari due to Ferrari hospitality, but did not do NC500, but do plan to do so this year, shall probably be in 458 with a couple of Mustang owners. :)
It’s more the effort of getting to the start, and then an extra boring drive home once the exciting bits done! Not to mention an extra 1000 miles of depreciation.

However I have tried to make it a resolution of mine to do more car tours/track days. Problem with the tours is my girlfriend’s not really fussed and all my real life friends think cars are just A-B tools!

Caporegime
For me its over 1750 miles to drive to Inverness, do the NC500, and drive home again... 11 hour drive each way, so would have to drive up, stay the night in Inverness, do the NC500, and then so I don't go stir crazy, probably stop off for a night in some nice place half way back. :p

(Inb4 "don't worry, your car wouldn't make it anyway")

Soldato
For me its over 1750 miles to drive to Inverness, do the NC500, and drive home again... 11 hour drive each way, so would have to drive up, stay the night in Inverness, do the NC500, and then so I don't go stir crazy, probably stop off for a night in some nice place half way back. :p

(Inb4 "don't worry, your car wouldn't make it anyway")
I'd probably rather drive to the Alps from where we are, you get the scenery, roads and better weather.

Soldato
I'd probably rather drive to the Alps from where we are, you get the scenery, roads and better weather.

Yeah good idea that. I’d love to do one of the organised tours with other car people tbh, but there seems a real gap in the market.

You either spend outrageous sums to do a tour with Supercar people staying 5 star hotels every night, like 2 grand for 5 nights of cruising and Michelin star restaurants.. Or it goes to the other end of the scale where you camp with some guys who’ve bought a hearse off eBay for a laugh.

Where’s the middle ground, I’m happy with a premier inn and McDonald’s.

Caporegime
Driving in many parts of Europe is a lot easier than in the UK. Give me a French motorway over a British one any day.

Its not the driving per se, its the whole situation, the unfamiliarity, the uncertainty about silly little things like finding a toilet if I need to etc. The "what ifs" like what if I break down, what if I get pulled over, what if I get in a crash, etc.

Anxiety is a ****. :)

My goal is to beat it and go to bimmerfest in the netherlands one year.

Back
Top Bottom