Brighton Cat Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate just told me that last night someone killed their cat. They chopped off the cat's head and paws and then left him on their doorstep.

I cannot express how angry this make me feel. That some filth has done such a gruesome and diabolical thing. There was someone arrested last year for similar stuff in Brighton.

I wonder if they got the wrong person.

Soldato
That's sick tbh.

Bad enough killing the poor animal to begin with, but to mutilate it and present it for the owners to see? That's on another level, whoever committed the act should be locked away.

Soldato
My mate just told me that last night someone killed their cat. They chopped off the cat's head and paws and then left him on their doorstep.

I cannot express how angry this make me feel. That some filth has done such a gruesome and diabolical thing. There was someone arrested last year for similar stuff in Brighton.

I wonder if they got the wrong person.

What really annoys me is that all too often the Law treats this merely as an "Animal Cruelty" issue, even to the extent that if it can be shown that there was no suffering, no offence has taken place.

Whereas really it should be considered a "Murdering a member of somebodies family" matter, Perhaps not a Human member, but a member nevertheless.

:mad:

Not funny.

Actually, I'm sorry, but it is really...:p

Soldato
I hate cats but dont condone cruelty to animals, and further to be sickly killed in this fashion is appalling. The person who did this needs to be dealt with properly but probably won't be.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . . An innocent animal has been mutilated and a family traumatised . . .
I agree wholeheartedly about the trauma for the family. The person who did this must be seriously disturbed and needs urgent attention.

However, I am not so convinced about the innocence of the cat, cat lovers tend to be remarkably indifferent to cats torturing wild birds. I wonder how many cat owners get incensed about fox hunting?

Soldato
People get pretty ****** off with cats taking dumps in their gardens, owner doesn't care, so then take matters in to their own hands. This was way over the top though, probably some future serial killer.

There isn't much that can be done about it really unless you can catch them in the act.

Soldato
If you let your cat go freely outside, and I don't think you should get one if you won't/can't do that, then you can't control where it goes. It's not about the owner not caring.
Cats do not want to use the same patch of soil twice.

But that is the risk you take. Other property owners don't have to tolerate them and you can't expect them to. Some farmers will shoot cats they see on their farms and they are allowed to if they are around cattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom