Small build, high temps, need advice

Soldato
Think you’re just gonna have to play around with it, the case design is awful for air flow, you might get more joy having the 120 as Intake and the 2x120s as exhaust, might be easier for the air to escape out of those tiny gaps

Soldato
Fans pulling air in?
Or pushing it in?
Personally I prefer pushing
It through the rad over
Pulling it
Static pressure fans?
Sorry if already answered
I forgot if you did
I remove the pci slot blanks too
Just a bit more place where
Heat can escape

Associate
A 1080ti water cooled, even at those temps will probably be automatically boosting to 1950 -2000 mark with 1.062 volts dumping around 275 Watts into your loop.
If you run your card at stock 1580 at 0.775 volts you'll be saving quite a lot of heat, probably 100 Watts or so.
It will come with a penalty though ~ 15% FPS loss.

Soldato
OP whats your rad????

is it EK slim one by any chance ? if so- cr*p

XSPC 20.5mm TX range! handles on bar with Alphacool 30mm ST range , which is only beaten by Blacklabs stuff

looks like XSPC - but crossflow version ?

http://www.xs-pc.com/radiators-tx-series/tx240-crossflow-ultrathin-radiator

if its the cross flow would swap it out for standard version . Also fans at over 1500 rpm will see no increase due to its thickness, so if your running a high RPM can knock it down for sound

havent got GPU block yet but will. Difference is, My intake is free flow- that case has a solid panel if i remember ?

http://metallicgear.com/index.php/products/Neo-Mini-Silver-V2 ??? or is it the V1 ??

Bet if you Cut into the front panel or removed it - temps would drop by 10c easily

Or slapping in 12mm Intake fans at the side if it is V2 with Front fans as Exhaust !

J2hzFbb.jpg

http://metallicgear.com/index.php/products/Neo-G-Mini-V2

might of worked better with dual 240 20.5mm rads and 15mm fans . Side as intake and front as exhaust

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thank you all for your thought it is really helping with troubleshooting.
Radiators are both xspc. Rear is slim and front is around 3cm thick crossflow,
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B06W9NXK3H?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Crossflow made more sense with the design at the time as standard rad would need some extra fittings to divert the flow back to the pump. Did some reading and there was literally no difference between the two hence the choice.

There are no other fittings for the fans I'm afraid, had to mount the pump in there and cabling round the back.

Fans pulling on the front rad were only option, otherwise I could not squeeze the fittings
at the bottom, since pump has to go first and rad to follow, rad need the fitting attached otherwise I would not be able to tighten the fittings.
Lol the way I squeezed it all feels like the only way you can get those parts in this case with this pump :)
I can go o or in detail if needed.

Fans are all noctua staric pressure optimised.

Any tips on how to drill a front grill in the aluminium case? :) that us always 8 degrees less if I do that

Soldato
Any tips on how to drill a front grill in the aluminium case? :) that us always 8 degrees less if I do that
Did you get a Mini or a Mini V2 in the end?

I think there are two basic approaches here: try and make holes that look good (tricky) or make a big hole and create a cover that looks good (easier, less risky).

You could create a front panel with mesh or grille, and then just make holes behind it which needn't be tidy.

I have a plan to create a new front panel on one of my cases using a laser cutter. That way I just need to cut out the main area in the case front and fit the panel. Aluminium is tricky but you could either drill lots of holes (slow) or try and cut out one big square. You could do it with a hacksaw or Dremel.

You may find someone with a CNC router who can do either a cutout, or a pattern of airflow holes, for a fee.

Back
Top Bottom