• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
As things are running fine for the moment and the fact I plan on getting a new Nvidia 3000 series card this year I think it's best to wait and see regarding PCIe 4.
You would need a card twice as powerful as a rtx2080ti to max out pcie3 so it will be atleast 5 years before that happens for the very top card of the time and most people buying that card won't run it on a 5 year old system especially with ddr5 coming by then. How many people out there are running rtx 2080ti's with i7 3770k or 4790k?.

Soldato
You would need a card twice as powerful as a rtx2080ti to max out pcie3 so it will be atleast 5 years before that happens for the very top card of the time and most people buying that card won't run it on a 5 year old system especially with ddr5 coming by then. How many people out there are running rtx 2080ti's with i7 3770k or 4790k?.

Your probably right.

Soldato
Anything higher than 1800 and I get audio corruption in Windows immediately. Also it reboots.
I would suspect is more likely to be motherboard related rather than CPU. Are you on the latest bios?
On the early bios for my board I couldn't get 1900 stable and would get the audio crackles and running aida stress test on ram it would immediately drop out unless I lowered it to 1867 then after trying with new bios it's now rock solid at 1900 and has been for 6 months.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would suspect is more likely to be motherboard related rather than CPU. Are you on the latest bios?
On the early bios for my board I couldn't get 1900 stable and would get the audio crackles and running aida stress test on ram it would immediately drop out unless I lowered it to 1867 then after trying with new bios it's now rock solid at 1900 and has been for 6 months.

Yes I'm on latest BIOS. 1003 ABBA.

Soldato
Talk of B550 and x670 coming (Oct so a long time away yet). I did a google and MSI's support for the x370 series is also shockingly bad. They are all beta bioses.

Asrock have also proved to be pants. But at least they HAVE released the new Agesa earlier this month. But take the Taichi x370, it went from ABB to waiting 6 months for the 1004 Agesa.

Unacceptable if you ask me.

The only one of the top manufactures who are supporting the entire stack and promptly is Gigabyte.

The only reason why I look back retrospectively is one day your board will be old too and those with a track record of not supporting their older boards will let you down.

Gigabyte seems to be the one to go for.

Associate
Talk of B550 and x670 coming (Oct so a long time away yet). I did a google and MSI's support for the x370 series is also shockingly bad. They are all beta bioses.

Asrock have also proved to be pants. But at least they HAVE released the new Agesa earlier this month. But take the Taichi x370, it went from ABB to waiting 6 months for the 1004 Agesa.

The only one of the top manufactures who are supporting the entire stack and promptly is Gigabyte.

The only reason why I look back retrospectively is one day your board will be old too and those with a track record of not supporting their older boards will let you down.

Not only are the x370 board bioses in beta, they also have removed the nice interface and put a crappy one on to save space for microcode.

Soldato
Thanks. Yea seen it's been out for a while now but dont really want to be running a beta version on y system.

What the heck are Asus playing at. It's been 5 months since this Agesa first started to be released and they still haven't managed to release it across all their lineup...

It feels bad to spend £180 on an x570 mobo just for an up to date bios... but it's tempting. :o

Havent ASUS always been known for this? they one of the worst offenders for long term support, especially on low end boards.

Soldato

I have always felt the rapid switching of chipsets was done to appease the vendors. AMD may have annoyed the board vendors with their long term support policy, it wouldnt surprise me that the x570 boards been so expensive was kind of the vendors getting their own back from lost profits.

The 450 boards have better support than x370 right?

Soldato
I have always felt the rapid switching of chipsets was done to appease the vendors. AMD may have annoyed the board vendors with their long term support policy, it wouldnt surprise me that the x570 boards been so expensive was kind of the vendors getting their own back from lost profits.

The 450 boards have better support than x370 right?

MSI seem to prioritize support as such x570 > b450/x470 max > b450/x470 > b350/x370 i guess it makes sense as they want to draw people to buying newer hardware and keep the people who brought the newer stuff happy.

Soldato
MSI seem to prioritize support as such x570 > b450/x470 max > b450/x470 > b350/x370 i guess it makes sense as they want to draw people to buying newer hardware and keep the people who brought the newer stuff happy.

In a commercial sense, at any given point in time, the owners of your most recent products are also most likely to buy your products again soon so you want to give them support first, someone who owns a very old products is statistically less likely to spend money soon so gets the least support

Soldato
In a commercial sense, at any given point in time, the owners of your most recent products are also most likely to buy your products again soon so you want to give them support first, someone who owns a very old products is statistically less likely to spend money soon so gets the least support

Wouldn't it be the other way round? Those who have just bought should be least likely to buy again. Whilst whose with boards now ageing or aged are most likely to be the ones purchasing surely?

Back
Top Bottom