Taking the ****! Or not!

Associate
Disclaimer: not a medical thread and not looking for advice. Just looking for a bit of a **** take (thought I'd get in there first! :p) about my, and hopefully others', psychological issues :D

So, I suffer from stage fright; and not in the acting capacity either.

I regularly, but not always, experience this phenomenon. Airport, pub, cinema, theater, work, etc, where I need to go for a #1. Now, I specifically target my visiting time and pee receptacle of use, opting for a cubicle primarily, or, if there's not one available, a urinal with several vacant positions either side.

If a cubicle, corner urinal or one with no vacant slots either side are unavailable, I find it really difficult to commence micturition. Sometimes i'll stand there for ages before giving up and proceed to act as if everything was normal by shaking, washing hands, etc, in the hope that no other gentlemen have noticed.

I know it's a psychological issue as if the Gents' are empty or I get a cubicle, the wee is free flowing!

Anyone else experience this, or similar? Care to share your experiences, or lack of them?

Bring on the **** takes and puns :D

Maybe I should've saved this for Mags' next confession thread :p

Last edited:
Associate
I have same re: number #2. But number #1 I do not get at all.
It's no clinical issue re:no.1

Dont worry about penis size etc. Everyone else is the same, and is more concentrated on not looking at their neighbour , then their actual aim.

Chill out and wee in peace.

Associate
OP

Dont worry about penis size etc. Everyone else is the same, and is more concentrated on not looking at their neighbour , then their actual aim.

I honestly can say the size of the old fella isn't a concern. Nearly in my 40s, 2 kids and a satisfied Mrs means I couldn't care if I'm a grower or a shower lol. In fact, I was presented with a horror scenario in a nightclub where the only space was next to a black geezer (race inserted purely for stereotype) whom I subsequently noted having a quick peek down and nodding in acceptance whilst I successfully delivered the goods.

Interesting, thanks, I'll have a read.

Soldato
Can't say I've experienced this, but I'd suggest that you talk to someone professionally about it as they might actually be able to help. I know it isn't exactly life changing, but if it's impacting your daily life then why not get it sorted. Sounds obvious and all, but I know all to well how easy it is to put this sort of thing off for ages, and my personal experience of psychological issues is that they tend to get worse over time if you don't nip it in the bud.

I know you wanted a bit of banter, but genuinely book an appointment with the doc and have a chat.

Soldato
Just remember the world doesn't revolve around you. Everyone in the toilets is trying to have a pee and get out of there in the quickest time possible.

I used to be overly conscious of other people generally when I was younger. I even began to stutter sometimes. But as I grew up I just thought what if the worst thing happened? Nothing would happen. Life would carry on.

Soldato
I find it a struggle too - sometimes the other strategy if needed is to visualise a torrent of running water and try to hear the sound of waterfalls! I'll always go for a cubicle if one is available.

Soldato
I have no issues unless the following occur:

1. Bloke next to me is grunting. Normally an older gentleman, me being 30 odd, dont know if this is something I will encounter when I get to that age? Either way, puts me right off...
2. 10 urinals, I'm using the first one, with 9 urinals being unused. Random bloke decides to go in the one next to me or next but one. Also puts me off!
3. This is quite specific, I fly long haul quite a lot and normally when I get to my destination, I am full of gas. I would normally go into the stalls so I can let rip and do a number 1 at the same time to avoid embarrasment. Not that I care, but people aren't normally impressed.

Apart from that, I dont think no one really cares - just go about your business! :)

Man of Honour
It is strange because I'm sure I could get a gold medal in pee'ing.
I get up in the night around 5 times, I can give a sample on demand and I can certainly hold a conversation at the urinal with a stranger.

Caporegime

I had a meeting in our Edinburgh office and I went for a pee.

The guy next to me was fascinated he was peering over that much he could have touched the tip with his nose.

Some folk are just weird. I was tempted to say something to him but thought best not. I've never seen anything like that before. He must be on the spectrum.

It's probably going to become more common with so many bisexuals and homosexuals these days.

i can relate, though only for urinals. cubicles i've no issue with, but some reason my mind just isn't there with urinals. i used to try when i was flat out wasted but it'd still not come out, yet if i'm outside on the road with friends walking home, male or female i'd not care and happily pee wildly into the tree and my shoes.

it's definelty a mental thing that blocks it happening. i've no issue with it as got used to just only using a cubicle. i just have the issue only when i go to pee and there's say 1 cubicle, and 5 urinals, and there's someone using the cubicle, i've got to queue while a long stream of guys come and go all around me while i pretend to be some where else.

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
Dont go for a light relief, wait until youre practically wetting yourself grabbing your sausage to hold it in, then you wont care, you'll just be grateful to find the first place to let it flow.

Back
Top Bottom