• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Soldato
Hi mate,

Right, I've disabled the software in windows, so its only the BIOS sorting the SB Fan speed.

It works as described, silent is low rpm, full is loud etc... though I've found with the windows software or the customise option in the BIOS that you can get the fan speed lower than the pre-set Silent option, and of course you can set a fan/temp curve :)
Thanks a lot space monkey I'm not able to find the software on the website ( found some for a x370 ), yeah the BIOS option is still noisy on full load so good news with the software

Man of Honour
Thanks a lot space monkey I'm not able to find the software on the website ( found some for a x370 ), yeah the BIOS option is still noisy on full load so good news with the software
So when you set the BIOS to silent, it still is loud?

When I made changes within the BIOS screen the fan speed automatically changed, without needing to exit and save.

Have you check the fan connector on the board, a lot of others have had the same issue and it was a wiring problem?

Soldato
So when you set the BIOS to silent, it still is loud?

When I made changes within the BIOS screen the fan speed automatically changed, without needing to exit and save.

Have you check the fan connector on the board, a lot of others have had the same issue and it was a wiring problem?

hey man yeah had a look its the high rpm when its whinning

thanks i will use this, saved me an RMA :)!

Caporegime
anyone got any base settings to oc a 3950x on this running a 360 aio

By and large OCing is pretty pointless unless you just want to chase high Cinebench scores. PBO seems pretty broken too, atleast for me anyway.

Just tweak your RAM and IF aiming for as close to 1900mhz/3800mhz and tighten down timings.

Soldato
BIG UPDATE - SO i got fed up with the fan noise etc - Turns out the SB has poor Thermal pad/compound. I took it off and re applied it and boom - temps drop by 10c and fan slows down ( also the software fix works perfectly as per space monkeys suggestion ) I've ordered Alphacool Thermal pad will report back on performance!

Soldato
anyone managed to get ram stable on this motherboarD? haivng a nightmare running xmp
I got 16gb b die stable at 3733 after tinkering with voltages though it was stable at 3800 but had sound crackling and sound cutting out so had to dial it back, if your running 64gb then that puts a lot of stress on the imc so will take a bit more fine tuning.

Soldato
I got 16gb b die stable at 3733 after tinkering with voltages though it was stable at 3800 but had sound crackling and sound cutting out so had to dial it back, if your running 64gb then that puts a lot of stress on the imc so will take a bit more fine tuning.

I'm back on 2x 16gb any suggestions for inning stock tried RYZEN calculator didn't work, not sure what voltages to touch etc

Back
Top Bottom