LG 27GL850-B Settings

Associate
Hi

Thought I would post my settings for these amazing monitors, which work pretty well across all 3 of my monitors. They are all connected to my 2070 Super using 3m DisplayPort 1.4 cables. Every monitor is slightly different so these settings may not work for you but they gave me the best blend of look and feel in games, web browsing and clarity when working in Excel spreadsheets.

I use them in a medium lit room during the day for mainly work and in the evenings in a dimly lit room with one fllor lamp in the corner.

If I miss out any settings below that are on the menus it's because I didn't feel they either warranted reporting on or that I left them on default settings.

Game Mode Profile:
  • Gamer 1
Game Adjust:
  • Adaptive-Sync : On
  • Black Stabilizer : 40 (reduced from default of 50 as it helped make blacks more black instead of grey)
  • Response Time : Fast
Picture Adjust:
  • Brightness : 30-40 (reduced from default of 100)
  • Contrast : 70 (default)
  • Sharpness : 50 (default)
  • Gamma : Mode 2 (default)
  • Color Temp : Custom (default)
  • R/G/B : 54/48/50 (these made the picture feel a little warmer than the default of 50/50/50 but I still tinker with them every now and again and these are more your personal taste on how warm/cold you like your whites and colours)
  • DFC : Off (default)
General:
  • Smart Energy Saving : Off (change from On)
  • Power LED : On (this lights up the joystick under the front bezel)
  • Automatic Standby : 8h
  • Displayport 1.4 : Enable

In Windows I use the Generic driver for the screens as I didn't trust the one on LGs website as they had two drivers with no descripotion and both were pretty old. I also played around in the Colour Management section looking at different .ICC and .ICM profiles but for the life of me I couldn't tell any difference between them so left as default.

In the nVidia Control Panel I left everything as default apart from for GSync setting where I selected it to be enabled both for full-screen and windowed as I play most games windowed or I find that the game will minimise to the taskbar when I click on one of the other monitors during game play.

Finally I have one of the 3 screens also connected via HDMI into my laptop. On that screen I use the sRGB Game Mode Profile for HDMI with no changes to any other settings as that is what my laptop uses and I wanted the colours to match on both. When I flick to DP it uses the same setting as above. This is an amazing feature of the monitor which I don't recall having on other panels but I am sure other companies probably do ... the ability to have different brightness, color and other settings depending on the input selected.

Intrigued to see other people's setup and why but as I said each panel is different, each use of the monitor by the user is different and more importantly we all have different perception of colour, light etc. But hope this may help if you really don't like what it looks like out of the box :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That's a great post. I've had my panel for a couple of weeks and still tinkering with the settings, so will try your suggestions out and see what they return :)
Let me know how you get on. Tweaked my backlight down to 30 as less hit on the eyes as I am using them more at night right now. Up it to 40 during the day if working from home.

Associate
I ordered on Saturday night when it was still saying preorder and it arrived last night, so could be the page isn't real time with stock?

Associate
Got mine setup today, very nice. Had to reduce the red down by two from above (52), I dropped the brightness down but not as far as 40, think it is about 70 odd at the mo.. Will see how it goes, I also have not installed any profiles.

Had a weird thing with my keyboard disconnecting and reconnecting, not sure how it could be connected it. Solved it by disabling power saving on USB, both the hub and keyboard itself.

Drivers picked it up automatically with FreeSync and COD looks pretty. Also had to force my audio card to my addin card rather than the monitor.

Associate
I find this monitor really bright, and had to drop the brightness down to 10. Even at that, it's still brighter than my previous Dell TN.

Associate
OP
I find this monitor really bright, and had to drop the brightness down to 10. Even at that, it's still brighter than my previous Dell TN.
Good thing you didn't buy a VA panel as that's so much brighter than IPS. Guess it depends how much light you have in your room but I personally found anything under 20 the colours didn't look as luxurious.

Associate
Good thing you didn't buy a VA panel as that's so much brighter than IPS. Guess it depends how much light you have in your room but I personally found anything under 20 the colours didn't look as luxurious.

Yea, I ended putting the brightness up to 23 and adding a 'dark reader' extension to my web browser to counter the bright whites on websites.

Associate
Willikers, how are on earth these still on backorder in the UK? My sister back in the States has had hers since October last year -- and she just waltzed into Best Buy and bought it, no preorder. They're available at in stock at all the online shops.

Getting the UK/EU price shaft is one thing, but the delayed stock for everything is getting ridiculous.

Associate
OP
Willikers, how are on earth these still on backorder in the UK? My sister back in the States has had hers since October last year -- and she just waltzed into Best Buy and bought it, no preorder. They're available at in stock at all the online shops.

Getting the UK/EU price shaft is one thing, but the delayed stock for everything is getting ridiculous.
Overclockers now have free stock of these.

Associate
OP
Overclockers deleted my new thread on the 27UL600 Settings and stuck my post here. No clue why as it's a totally different monitor.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all

So I have been a console gamer all my life I have a playstation 4 (base) and I plan on getting the ps5 but I have also been thinking of getting a gaming pc for 1440p gaming I have never had a gaming monitor before so I have been keeping my eye on this one the thing is because I still game on console a lot of the content I play would be 1080p and I'm wondering would this gaming monitor be good for both 1080p gaming (console) and 1440p gaming (pc) I have no interest in 4K just 1080p/1440p, thanks

Back
Top Bottom