**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Correct, but it's better than the Razr and we won't see a flip phone with 100% glass for a long while yet due to actual physics.

Last edited:
Caporegime
https://www.sammobile.com/news/gala...superior-than-s20-ultra-at-960-fps-recording/

Turns out the Ultra has a lesser quality super slow motion mode and the lower 2 models record 960fps natively . Interesting.

Undecided still, the camera samples I am seeing lately dont point to a huge improvement over the S10e I currently have with Gcam. I have posted photos in the S10 thread and I am immensely pleased with what it is capable of. I would latrgely be benefitting from the video recording improvements, namely pro video mode but I am betting this is a software update that will find its way to the S10 soon anyway as Samsung hinted at new features for the S10 and even if that means 2 months time I am happy to wait and save a few £hundred as there is nothing my SD S10e can't do at the moment bar exposure controls in video mode.

I imported from eGlobal Central btw. S10e was £489 iirc back in March last year and I also got some cashback so saved a little more in the process.

Thinking about it all smart and stuff, it probably does not make sense for me to change from the S10e to the S20 anytime soon at leats anyway as I wouldn't gain anything significant and if video pro mode comes via an update to the S10, then bonus.
Cheers. My wife has decided to keep her S10e, it's still a great phone and she would need to buy wireless headphones and they don't have the black version for the S20 :p.

Associate
Cheers. My wife has decided to keep her S10e, it's still a great phone and she would need to buy wireless headphones and they don't have the black version for the S20 :p.

As far as i am aware all phones that come with no headphone jack still come with earphones just the end would be a usb c. as apposed to the normal headphone jack.

Soldato
So my old man is about to turn the big 60 in a few weeks, he has an old Samsung A1, A2, something like that, I'm hoping to get him the S10 if it drops to around the £400 mark due to the S20 being announced.

Failing the S10 dropping that low, is the S9 still worth considering or is a 400 quid A Something worth a look at? Either way its going to be a massive upgrade over his current phone with its 2gb of storage.

img

img

Associate
anyone found a better offer than:
s20 uLTRA 128
vodafone
24 month
unlimited data/text/calls/
£54 after cashback or £60 with entertainment
Plus £45 quidco

I will stick to vodafone as found them to be better on whole for my area and into london for work.

Last edited:
Soldato
So my old man is about to turn the big 60 in a few weeks, he has an old Samsung A1, A2, something like that, I'm hoping to get him the S10 if it drops to around the £400 mark due to the S20 being announced.

Failing the S10 dropping that low, is the S9 still worth considering or is a 400 quid A Something worth a look at? Either way its going to be a massive upgrade over his current phone with its 2gb of storage.
In my experience I would say even the S10e is a significantly superior phone to the S9 and you definitely should be able to pick one of those up for well under £400.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Dear gawd! Read your bloomin post you nutter :D

"So this makes the S20 the first Android in all history to have actual haptic feedback."
It's pretty clear the context intended given the rest of the post (s) was in relation to proper haptic feedback not just a motor vibrating as has been the case for years on Android. So yeah it could be called actual haptic feedback as that's what it is.

I think the LG G7 may have had early-ish versions of this too to be fair.

Soldato
I'll keep an out on the S10e, any opinions on the A71?
None whatsoever unfortunately. My previous post was based on experience from my own S10e and the mother-in-law's S9. Although I did mention over on another thread that the Galaxy A Series phones have come a long way and I'd even consider one as my next investment as these 'second tier' phones have really upped their game.

Associate
How do you claim the free buds? Is the information provided with your phone once delivered?

Taken from Samsung website...….
Promoter: Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited. UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands or ROI residents (18+) only or registered companies. Pre-order a new Samsung Galaxy S20+ or S20 Ultra 5G from a participating retailer between 11/02/2020 – 08/03/2020 and claim a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds+ in white by redemption. No cash alternative. Customers must complete the online claim form in the Benefits section of the Samsung Members app pre-installed, upload proof of purchase and provide all other required information between 10 March 2020-12 April 2020 (Claim). Maximum 1 claim per Promotion Product purchased and a maximum of 250 claims per Company Participant. See at www.samsung.com/uk/galaxys-preorder/terms for full Promotion terms.

Soldato
anyone used the samsung upgrade program?

Considering it.

logic being i always upgrade my phone after 2 years.

so pay £40-£50 per month for whatever phone package, 2 years later upgrade.

or

pay £30-£35 for phone for 12 months and sim only deal £15-£20 and get new phone after 12 month and repeat.

has anyone used the program and can tell me what happens at 12 months?

Back
Top Bottom