Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Here's a Blood Angel Knight I painted a while ago. Had fun with the freehand, but the model took me quite a while overall. I've actually been umm'ing and ahh'ing over selling this to fund a new GPU :p

UylOehC.jpg

xOK2AVT.jpg

WeLgZyJ.jpg

4wlfjaw.jpg

Associate
KXyC0mr

Finished Abaddon about a month ago

Associate
Never actually played a game of Warhammer, what's a recommended way for a complete newbie to try his hand? Baring in mind I don't know any other like-minded people, so will be going alone.

Associate
Yeah nice knight! Good choice of red.

In regards to starting 40k, decide what you want out of it first. Official GW shops are deluded, and the internet is full of annoying people with regards to balance.

An independent store is a good start, state what you want from the hobby.
It's a lot of fun but you need to find the right group of people.

Also prices are cheaper online, element-games is good for example, if you don't have an independent store.
Vallejo paints, Army-Painter spray, and whatever brush floats yer boat.

Soldato
I spent most of yesterday hunting out my GW stuff. I found a fair bit, and most of my original paints were still wet! I've decided to keep my blood bowl and w40k stuff, and sell on my epic/titan legions and warhammer fantasy stuff. Pics so far!! I'm going to finish off my Ultramarines which was the last stuff I did a few years back. The other stuff is from my mid teens!! Does anyone know what the terminator on the right hand side is? It says something next to terminator on the bottom but I can't make it out. (Next to imperial guard commissar)

gw1.jpg

gw2.jpg

gw3.jpg

gw4.jpg

gw5.jpg

gw6.jpg

gw7.jpg

gw8.jpg

gw9.jpg

gw10.jpg

gw11.jpg

gw12.jpg

gw13.jpg

gw14.jpg

gw15.jpg

i found my first white dwarf magazine from like 1987 or something :D

Last edited:
Associate
Me and a few friends got on Tabletop simulator last night and had a bash at 40k. Was really good fun, and came here to recommend it. It's on Steam sale right now. Takes an hour or so to get a board and army up together along with working out how the game works, but defo worth it.

Soldato
The Emperor Protec

I've not played in a long time - however still reading the Horus Heresy Series of books.... finally at the Siege of Terra now, like 50 books in. It's been many years lol. Anyone else following it?

Soldato
Where’s the best place to order paint? Most places seem to have no stock or crazy pricing.

Is this a issue due to the lockdown or has it always been this tough to find the paints online?

Back
Top Bottom