UEFA Champions League/Europa League 18/19/20 February *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
They have been great at defending but we haven't given them much to defend.

Origi came on got even worse, we only got some more pace once Ox came on

Our attack can't be any worse than that in the second leg

Don
Rubbish performance, rubbish ref and horrible opposition. All too similar to our performances vs Napoli over the last couple of years. We should beat them at home but the lack of an away goal is going to make it a horribly nervous game - it'll be very difficult to score 3 vs this lot and it's very possible that we'll have to.

Caporegime
Robertson with the ‘they didn’t rattle us’ whilst clearly being fuming :D

Would be funny to knock them out at Anfield

Caporegime
Rubbish performance, rubbish ref and horrible opposition. All too similar to our performances vs Napoli over the last couple of years. We should beat them at home but the lack of an away goal is going to make it a horribly nervous game - it'll be very difficult to score 3 vs this lot and it's very possible that we'll have to.
Would you feel happier going into the return leg 1-0 down against AM or Barca?

Don
Would you feel happier going into the return leg 1-0 down against AM or Barça?
Atletico obviously. Barca are a better side and more likely to score vs you than Atletico would be.

edit: and Klopp's confirmed in his press conference that he took Mane off because he was worried Atletico were targetting him. Henderson felt his hamstring but it sounds like he came off as a precaution rather than a full blown injury.

Caporegime
Atletico obviously. Barca are a better side and more likely to score vs you than Atletico would be.

edit: and Klopp's confirmed in his press conference that he took Mane off because he was worried Atletico were targetting him. Henderson felt his hamstring but it sounds like he came off as a precaution rather than a full blown injury.
You must admit though, Madrid’s defence is a lot better than Barca’s?

Don
You must admit though, Madrid’s defence is a lot better than Barca’s?
They're a more defensive team and better defensively, yes but Sheffield Utd are better defensively than City and I'd rather be playing Sheffield Utd 1-0 down than City. It's much more likely that Barca will score than Atletico won't concede so I'd rather play Atletico.

Caporegime
I think the same about this Liverpool side, as I did Barcelona under Pep, and Milan under Sacchi et cetera...

It's like poking an already angry animal. Liverpool are going to come out like a force of nature in the second leg. Scoring against these teams usually did not do anything other then give them the bit between their teeth.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Haland is the real deal. He is going to go for a huge amount in the next couple of years. Mino must be rubbing his hands with glee. Cannot believe how we missed not getting him :(.

I don't think he wanted to come to United over Dortmund and I think there is a quite low release clause in his contract in case he wants to go to another club in the next few years. I don't think United wanted that and I think he wanted to go to a stepping stone club before he makes a move to one of the top teams in the world. Sensible on his part really.

Caporegime
I don't think he wanted to come to United over Dortmund and I think there is a quite low release clause in his contract in case he wants to go to another club in the next few years. I don't think United wanted that and I think he wanted to go to a stepping stone club before he makes a move to one of the top teams in the world. Sensible on his part really.

I can guarantee his agent had a lot to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom