System won't boot

Associate
OP
Tried clearing the cmos, left it on for a while for memory training as mentioned by Steven but still no luck.

Don't think I'm going to be able to flash the bios in it's current state (black screen is all I'm getting). Thinking of now taking this down to the local PC shop over the weekend so they can find out which component is causing the issue.

Soldato
Tried clearing the cmos, left it on for a while for memory training as mentioned by Steven but still no luck.

Don't think I'm going to be able to flash the bios in it's current state (black screen is all I'm getting). Thinking of now taking this down to the local PC shop over the weekend so they can find out which component is causing the issue.
Have you tried with just one stick of ram

Soldato
Hello, I recently purchased a new ASUS B450 Gaming Pro motherboard. When I turn the system on the board receives power and the fans spin up but all I get is a black screen, no beeps or anything.

Which CPU do you have? That motherboard may need its BIOS flashing to cope with the new Ryzen 3000 CPUs. You can do this without a compatible CPU if the motherboard supports BIOS flashback:

https://rog.asus.com/technology/republic-of-gamers-motherboard-innovations/usb-bios-flashback/
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

Associate
OP
No RAM? not tried that yet, the board does power up but I'm not seeing any video ouput. What would happen if I tried with no RAM?

Associate
OP
actually I've managed to borrow a GPU from a friend, it's a great big hulking ATI of some sort can't seem to find the model of it on any of the stickers...

I'm thinking it may be the RAM, just looking at the QVL and the stuff I've got isn't listed on it but then I guess they can't test every single vendor and model

Soldato
actually I've managed to borrow a GPU from a friend, it's a great big hulking ATI of some sort can't seem to find the model of it on any of the stickers...

I'm thinking it may be the RAM, just looking at the QVL and the stuff I've got isn't listed on it but then I guess they can't test every single vendor and model
Have you checked cable between graphic card and monitor is not faulty as pc is on but not displaying any picture try a different cable

Associate
OP
Monitor and cable are fine as I used them on my last PC (Intel build), just swapped out the loaner GPU and still nothing, took the RAM out as suggested but no beeps.

The problem is I’ve no case speaker as I’ve checked and can’t see it so I’m troubleshooting blind.

Associate
OP
Just to let you guys know I finally managed to get this working. I took the board outside of the case and only then could I see that the RAM wasn't sitting flush. On this board there is only only one clip / lever to push the RAM in so the other side wasn't all the way down.

Back
Top Bottom