Dad killed 14-month-old baby daughter in 'violent rage' and left bite marks on her body

Permabanned
HANG HIM HIGH!

BB10dv2X.jpg

"A father has been convicted of killing his 14-month-old daughter who suffered a catalogue of injuries.

Daniel Ashurst, 33, was cleared by a jury at Manchester Crown Court of murdering Hollie Ashurst but found guilty of her manslaughter.

Hollie sustained bruises and abrasions to the head and neck area, bleeding on the brain and in the eyes, a broken ankle and two possible bite marks to her hand and thigh.

Daniel Ashurst, 33, was said to have shaken her in a violent temper while alone with the youngster at the family home in Shevington, Wigan.

Hollie died in hospital the following day."

BB10diWj.jpg

"Ashurst told medics his daughter had tumbled down two steps on the stairs at the family home in Fleming Court on February 28 but in a defence statement seven months later he claimed a series of unfortunate accidents had befallen his daughter.

In a rush to get her to hospital he said she fell further down the staircase when he slipped and lost grip of her as his shorts pocket snagged something on the way down.

Ashurst then claimed Hollie flew out of her car seat as he braked heavily at a set of traffic lights.

The Crown said his explanation for the injuries was "nonsense" and was fabricated in a bid to fit the medical evidence."

BB10dxzt.jpg

"Instead they unanimously agreed he intended to cause her some harm short of serious injury or he realised some harm was likely to be caused.

Unemployed Ashurst was on medication for anxiety and depression and admitted he drank three of four cans of lager nightly - and took cocaine two or three times a week to help him relax.

He used cocaine on the evening before the fatal injuries were said to have happened, the court was told, but he said it had no effect on him the next day after "a good night's sleep".

Ashurst denied ever harming her.

The defendant was remanded in custody until sentencing on February 26.

Jurors were told they could only convict Ashurst of murder if they found he had assaulted her and intended to cause her death or serious injury."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...e-marks-on-her-body/ar-BB10dsSb?ocid=msedgntp

Caporegime
The fact you've instantly jumped to the capital punishment argument is telling, especially considering the content of the article.

Just another typical and expected story in a Britain not dealing with it's mental health problems and it's rather obvious causes, either through ignorance or cultural intolerance.

Caporegime
If he's taking cocaine to relax and had a good nights sleep on it, then he's getting ripped off by his dealer.

It's just bull to try and get out of killing his child.

How on earth could you do this and then try to fight your case? It's a shame everyone is allowed to reproduce.

Soldato
Should never have been a parent in the first place. I don't understand why we can breed without any training, we get licensed to do so much else in life, drive cars, adopt, foster, but nothing when it comes to popping one out.

Soldato
Just another typical and expected story in a Britain not dealing with it's mental health problems and it's rather obvious causes, either through ignorance or cultural intolerance.
He was on medication, its clear he was being delt with.
Guys just an A grade *******. No idea why you are defending this behaviour in the slightest.

I would GLADLY watch a public hanging for absolute demons like this. There is ZERO place for them in society at all.

Soldato

Mental illness aside, lack of sleep, parental stresses and a screaming child can test the most stoic of people.

It's an absolute rule as a parent to a young baby, don't lose your temper. The child is rarely crying on purpose, they cry as it's generally the only means to communicate they need something. However sometimes they will cry and scream and you have to weather the storm.

Some people just shouldn't be parents, it's a biological imperative most of us follow but then there's the common sense aspect.

Caporegime
He was on medication, its clear he was being delt with.
Guys just an A grade *******. No idea why you are defending this behaviour in the slightest.

I would GLADLY watch a public hanging for absolute demons like this. There is ZERO place for them in society at all.

I'm not defending him... and if you think medication is all that's required to resolve long-standing social inequalities or numerous pathological issues, then you might as well just never read the news ever again, as it might well... affect your mental health.

Maybe it's a bit harsh, but the baby is already dead, you or anyone else can't save it and more will die in similar circumstances until we actually start preventing it. It's the same problem with most crimes... 'oh someone has burgled me, bit late for the police then isn't it?' Prevention is always better than reacting.

The family unit is wrecked, people's education is trash, the police can't or won't do their job, how is retribution going to resolve this? I get legitimately agitated about the sort of short-termist attitudes that have plagued this country for decades, so I apologise if it seems aggressive in tone.

Last edited:
Soldato
If he's taking cocaine to relax and had a good nights sleep on it, then he's getting ripped off by his dealer.
If you have ADHD, then cocaine will help relax you. It's like how Adderall is diagnosed prescribed for that sort of effect on ADHD sufferers, but will have the opposite effect on everyone else.

E: prescribed not diagnosed!

Last edited:
Soldato
The family unit is wrecked, .

You agreeing with Thatcher. Now THATS an eye opener! :p

Actually, its worse than that.

The EXTENDED family is wrecked.

Everybody I knew when I was a kid lived in extended families. IE Not just Mum/Dad, but also Grandparents (And one household even had a great grand parent living there)

Plenty of adults to look after the children, and each other, and help look after the home (My Gran ruled the Kitchen. Her job was preparing every bodies food, Full time job with 7 people in the house (Back then we had a live in maid too, with four adults, all with an income one way or another, the family could afford it))

And plenty of adults to look after the older adults too (No "Social Care" problems back then either)

I do actually think that the tax rules should be modified to encourage extended families (At the very least, anybody sharing a home should have the same tax free inheritance rights as people who share a bed. It is pretty outrageous really that the only way of escaping the tax trap is to have sex with somebody! :mad: )

Soldato
I'm not defending him... and if you think medication is all that's required to resolve long-standing social inequalities or numerous pathological issues, then you might as well just never read the news ever again, as it might well... affect your mental health.

Depression and anxiety isn't an excuse for hurting a baby who can't defend herself. He's throwing out excuses and you're buying them.

What would you have done in this case if you could decide the outcome? let him walk free with a slap on the wrist?

It's interesting these people with violent rage and acting out soon shut their mouths when someone bigger and stronger than them are around. I don't believe in this red mist theory. It's an excuse because they don't want to face up to what they have done.

If he was genuine he should do us all a favour.

Soldato
It's a shame everyone is allowed to reproduce.
Should never have been a parent in the first place.
Some people just shouldn't be parents
And yet the instant someone from Oxbridge actually suggests we implement mandatory birth control, and possibly actual intervention to decide who is suitable as a parent in the first place, we sack them, demonise them on Social Media and crucify anyone who agrees with such evil...

It's surprisingly easy for some parents to snap, men especially. This guy was clearly at the higher end of the risk-meter and probably did not intend to kill her at all... just utterly lost his rag and this was the result.
It doesn't change the fact that he did and deserves a lot of punishment, but also should not have been in that situation in the first place - Mental issues, medication, heavy drinking and heavy drug use? That child should have been taken out of his reach long ago!!

I don't believe in this red mist theory.
I've known a lot of people, mostly actual patients but some casual acquaintances too, who experienced red mist. Some even claimed to actually see red when it happened, which IIRC is some kind of issues with blood vessels constricting the brain and affecting rational thought, or something... Basically a minor form of Redout or negative G-LOC, but not enough to render the individual unconscious like it does with jet pilots.
Either way, it's definitely more than just a theory.

Back
Top Bottom