Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
I don’t have a sky sports subscription but I know you can’t get sky sports in UHD.

But you do get BT sports in UHD which looks lovely.

Funnily enough you can’t get BT sports UHD on Sky!

We have the ultimate bundle and it’s annoying we only get BT Sport UHD and not UHD Sky channels!
Thanks for response.

VirginMedia said in July last year that they would have SKySports UHD in 2020. I suppose it is now just a waiting game...

https://www.virginmedia.com/corpora...ven-more-benefits-to-viewers-and-the-industry

Associate
Has anyone here cancelled and NOT had a call back?

Bloody sod's law that I don't get one. I cancelled Wednesday late afternoon and I've had nothing so far.

Either I ask them to reconnect, and see if they'll honour ones of the deals they initially offered, or I just leave it for as long as is required to rejoin as a new customer. Can't be assed with all the hassle of sending the equipment back, and I'm sure Virgin don't want the hassle either....

Just got a call from them, same package but now £2 less than my old contract. Not the best deal but still cheaper than what I am paying.

Got the new contract on my account, minimum period 12 months with 18 months loyalty discount.

Last edited:
Soldato
Our close was finally wired into the Virgin network a couple of weeks ago and we had a rep pop around.

I am currently with BT on their fibre package, iirc its 70mb down and 20mb up with line rental for £46 a month

I signed up with Virgin, the 100mb package for £27 a month. No tv service.

I have never used Virgin before, what can i expect?

I can presume they will try to install the router near my tv? My tv is on the wall with nothing underneath it, so can it be placed anywhere i ask, as i am not getting any tv service?

Soldato
Our close was finally wired into the Virgin network a couple of weeks ago and we had a rep pop around.

I am currently with BT on their fibre package, iirc its 70mb down and 20mb up with line rental for £46 a month

I can presume they will try to install the router near my tv? My tv is on the wall with nothing underneath it, so can it be placed anywhere i ask, as i am not getting any tv service?

My personal experience whilst the bandwidth is there - you do notice a little more "latency" ie on the 300mb service youtube wasn't as Instant as say a BT FTTP 70mb service i had previously, that being siad the bandwith was consistent, that was until they had High utilisation in their area. Don't get me started on their uploads tho :p stuck in the earlier 2000's...

Soldato
My personal experience whilst the bandwidth is there - you do notice a little more "latency" ie on the 300mb service youtube wasn't as Instant as say a BT FTTP 70mb service i had previously, that being siad the bandwith was consistent, that was until they had High utilisation in their area. Don't get me started on their uploads tho :p stuck in the earlier 2000's...

Thx for answering
I think i only had FTTC with BT, and i dont upload anything.
Main use is just gaming and streaming

Soldato
Thx for answering
I think i only had FTTC with BT, and i dont upload anything.
Main use is just gaming and streaming

They normally stick the router by the TV, I'm sure you can request it somewhere else though.

I have the 350 broadband package, I play online sometimes which is fine, I stream a lot of Netflix in Dolby Vision and its perfect, instantly plays without any buffering.

I can't comment on the router performance as I have always used my own router and put the VM router in modem only mode.

Soldato

The router can be placed wherever you want within reason, within reason means they won't be crawling around in your loft space or lifting floorboards etc. If you want the cable running under the floorboards, have them up before hand etc.

Associate
wow - just got:

"Hello xxxx,
We’re really sorry to hear you want to leave Virgin Media. Before you go, there’s this exclusive deal we’re hoping can change your mind.

If you stay with us for another 12 months, we’d like to give you the Big bundle including Mixit TV, M100 Fibre Broadband and inclusive weekend calls to UK landlines,Ϫ for just £35 a month for a whole year.¥ Then standard pricing (currently £59) after that."

waaaay too late - see y'all in 18 months to never VM.
well anyone holding out for a new deal - don't give up hope :)

Soldato
wow - just got:

"Hello xxxx,
We’re really sorry to hear you want to leave Virgin Media. Before you go, there’s this exclusive deal we’re hoping can change your mind.

If you stay with us for another 12 months, we’d like to give you the Big bundle including Mixit TV, M100 Fibre Broadband and inclusive weekend calls to UK landlines,Ϫ for just £35 a month for a whole year.¥ Then standard pricing (currently £59) after that."

waaaay too late - see y'all in 18 months to never VM.
well anyone holding out for a new deal - don't give up hope :)

I'm still waiting for a call.
And I leave the country for a week now, so won't have my personal phone on if they want to call.
I knew it!

Soldato
Never had any latency issues with YouTube, guess it was your area.

Soldato
hi

Out of contract, have 350 broadband, lowest TV tier (mixit)?, talk anytime.

If we do the cancel option and wait and hope for a call, do they normally offer just a cheaper price, we don't really want to change what we have, but just get a better price, we pay the standard price for this package which is around £70.

Also can you ring back if you don't get a call and accept what they are offering.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
I'm thinking of leaving paying £66/month for tv/160mb broadband. No one even watches the TV packages anymore, I just checked BT Broadband and they are offering 100mb broadband for £40 for 24 months.

I may just switch, I will ring them see if virgin can match it. If not bye bye.

Associate
hi

Out of contract, have 350 broadband, lowest TV tier (mixit)?, talk anytime.

If we do the cancel option and wait and hope for a call, do they normally offer just a cheaper price, we don't really want to change what we have, but just get a better price, we pay the standard price for this package which is around £70.

Also can you ring back if you don't get a call and accept what they are offering.

I have similar package apart from phone plan is Talk Weekend. I was paying £50.50 and £72 after discount ended. They offered me £59 for the same package which I refused and cancelled, they call back next day and offered me £48 for the same package.

Back
Top Bottom