*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
I will make it clear I'm not an AJ hater or think he's a chump yes I lol'ed I just believe Fury has to much in his tool kit.

You also need two or three matches to see who truly is the better fighter is.

AJ and Fury previous fights prove this.

Has to be Fury Vs Wilder 3 first due to the rematch clause unless they feel the beating he took was enough

Think it will happen as Wilder will struggle to get big fights as people would want to avoid his power unless he has the belt.

Soldato
I honestly woke up this morning expecting a completely different result... I’ve yet to watch it and only read about how it went down and it just makes Fury even more confusing?! Haha! From what it sounds like Fury dominated him so why doesn’t he just fight everyone like that? He was awful in the fight against wallin, Drew in the last fight with wilder BUT then comes back and ruins him convincingly by all accounts? I always thought AJ would beat him easily but now I’m not so sure. Could be a good match. (If it ever gets made..)

Permabanned
I have just watched it again and the refereeing was shocking. Fury was worse but the number of punches to the back of the head by both of them was a joke.

The first knockdown, it was a punch to the back of the head.

I am amazed it wasn't stopped when the blood from Wilders's ear was visible.

As for it being a masterclass, most people acknowledge Wilder can't box, yet he easily caught Fury with good right hands in the first two rounds.

Job done by Fury but it was hardly some supreme boxing performance.

Soldato
Wilder literally had no defence! No real guard. I appreciate that’s how he boxes but still...

I’m still shocked at how poor his corner/team were.

Soldato
Just watched the fight. Brilliant job by Fury I didn’t think he’d be able avoid the right all night let alone absolutely deal with Wilder. He used the weight to his advantage and bullied him. It’s a win for boxing and hopefully Wilder has now been fully exposed. Two times at this level and arguably lost both attempts.

I was looking forward to Wilder vs Whyte as I feel his left hook would’ve destroyed wilder but I’d be interested to see Fury v Whyte (now that the WBC can stop protecting Wilder from mandatories) and see if the sparing stories are true.

Let’s get this division unified and get AJ vs Fury for all the belts and the, worthless as not full lineage, lineal title on the line. I still have a sneaking suspicion that AJ will deal with Fury as he is actually a good boxer and can put together combinations. Either way. I want to see it

Soldato
“Styles make fights”

I get that but AJ literally had everything on Ruiz...He had 8 inches more in his reach alone! Taller, stronger, had more time in camp etc.

AJ is a better version of Wilder who just got absolutely destroyed by Fury. Aj wouldnt take Fury to the cleaners at all.

Associate
I get that but AJ literally had everything on Ruiz...He had 8 inches more in his reach alone! Taller, stronger, had more time in camp etc.

AJ is a better version of Wilder who just got absolutely destroyed by Fury. Aj wouldnt take Fury to the cleaners at all.

AJ has faster hands than Wilder and a much better radar and his range of punches and combinations are much superior. I tend to think Fury wins but I think you're oversimplifying things

What if both boxers are tentative and fight on the back foot? Who's movement and radar wins out? I tend to think Fury is more rounded but AJs movement against Ruiz showed he can move for 12 rounds and control a fight that way.

If it's a dogfight I think that plays into the punchers hands, although Fury can fight with a higher workrate and time his attacks better than AJ will.

Ruiz had faster hands than AJ, a tighter guard and a much better inside game.

Soldato

AJ fights nothing like wilder what fights have you been watching. Wilders entire game is 1 or double jab followed by the right. That’s it.

Back
Top Bottom