Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
If there's one thing this forum does very well, it's to convince me that I need a V8 in my life sooner rather than later - couple of very nice Jags there :D

Don
I won't have a car that doesn't have a V8. Only a half in my car history have had something other than a V8 and most of those were when I could only afford cars that cost £1k at most.

From memory:

1 rotary
3 I4s
3 I6s
2 V6s
10 V8s
1 V12

Soldato
Have owned this 6 months, done about 400 miles. Supercharged RS4 640BHP... Is for sale as I have had 4 rs4's in my time, but moved on to higher level cars and the comedown as great as the rs4 is. I just want more of a event. This particular RS4 wasn't expensive given the charger is about 16k to buy and install, bodywork is tatty due to a previous poor respray but it drives well and pretty much is quicker than my old r8 v10 plus. epic cheap motoring.

Untitled by Ross c, on Flickr
Untitled by Ross c, on Flickr

Soldato
Picked this up today from Maryland. Offsets the emissions from the M850 I guess ;)

What’s the charging infrastructure like where you are? Seemed a good value purchase. You see many EVs on the road? In my mind, acceptance of EVs seems more advanced over there, but this may be a very California centric view.

Soldato
Did a good job cleaning that mate as Honda paint is *****

Enjoy the car I have a 2.2 too, just floor it everywhere and still get 52mpg.

Thanks, it's definitely swirl mark ahoy with this one up close. But the perfect excuse to buy a DAS-6 polisher after all of these years. Been reading about Honda paint, doesn't sound great!

Feels a bit under powered at 140bhp but as a work horse I can live with that. Currently get 47mpg on that commute so anything over would be a bonus.

No issues of clutch slippage which seems to be a common problem and a £800 fix as far as I can see online, so fingers crossed on that.

Soldato
Lovely. Can never get bored of the beautiful 4C. Do you ever find you want more power from it on a good hoon?

It depends. It’s great 30-70, fast and short geared so not boring. Beyond that it does feel a bit wheezy.

Luckily I have a Stage 1 ECU sat waiting to put on it when the weather picks up, good for 280bhp.
It’s actually quite tuneable, coming stock with forged internals and a one piece block. Stage 2 is 340bhp ish and doable for 2-3k which is pretty absurd really. If I decide to keep the car long term I might do it, though you’d probably want to spend the same again on wheels/tyres/brakes.

Soldato
What’s the charging infrastructure like where you are? Seemed a good value purchase. You see many EVs on the road? In my mind, acceptance of EVs seems more advanced over there, but this may be a very California centric view.

Quite a few EVs on the road around here. The charging infrastructure seems pretty good - getting it home yesterday there were loads of DC fast chargers along I-95 I could have stopped at so it wasn't an issue at all.

I doubt I'll ever really need to use the public charging infrastructure though unless it's free. I just need to get a 240V charger installed at home ASAP because charging on a regular outlet is ridiculously slow.

i8NL16t.jpg

Soldato
Thanks, it's definitely swirl mark ahoy with this one up close. But the perfect excuse to buy a DAS-6 polisher after all of these years. Been reading about Honda paint, doesn't sound great!

Feels a bit under powered at 140bhp but as a work horse I can live with that. Currently get 47mpg on that commute so anything over would be a bonus.

No issues of clutch slippage which seems to be a common problem and a £800 fix as far as I can see online, so fingers crossed on that.
I’ll be selling my DAS6 Pro if you’re interested? Only used it once in about two years.. can sell it with some pads and polish too if required.

Only 140bhp but similar torque to warm petrol hatchbacks. Makes me laugh sometimes the way it goes.

Back
Top Bottom