Homemade rocket man is about to prove the earth is flat...

Permabanned
Already posted above, a drone cannot go high enough it would take at least a balloon if you do not have a spyplane on hand or did you not read the entire thread.

Many people build something that kills them, be it a fast record breaking car or boat or plane or a spacecraft, he still had engineering skills well above anyone here.

It doesn’t need proven that the earths flat though it’s just a waste of life what he’s done.

Permabanned
Still fact your drone is not going to do swat to prove or disprove it ;).

Her died which is sad but he dies doing something he was passionate about like a F1 driver or even an astronaut etc, a bigger waste of life would be a junkie or alcoholic no?

Soldato
Where did I say that I was defending him?
Despite whether you believe what he did was stupid or not, I was just pointing out that most people on here are making fun of his death, he was trying to prove something he believed in, whether or not you believe it is your choice, the same as it was his choice to believe what he did, and I was trying to point out, that if this was just a regular bloke who did something stupid, you'd all say "well that was unfortunate" or something similar, but because he believed in something you find stupid, that somehow makes him less of a person.
well it does, why would you think otherwise? the Earth not being flat isn't even remotely up for discussion in any way shape or form. you want to try and project yourself up into the sky in a homemade rocket in the belief you'll mystically reveal yourself to be the lone voice of reason and the entire world governments have been lying to us for about 2 millennia then you're stupid and you should be laughed at. the gene pool is healthier w/out idiots like this in it.

Associate
well it does, why would you think otherwise? the Earth not being flat isn't even remotely up for discussion in any way shape or form. you want to try and project yourself up into the sky in a homemade rocket in the belief you'll mystically reveal yourself to be the lone voice of reason and the entire world governments have been lying to us for about 2 millennia then you're stupid and you should be laughed at. the gene pool is healthier w/out idiots like this in it.

Ok :confused:

So a guy who believes something crazy kills himself by accident is laughable yet when a "celeb" commits suicide everyone is like "ah so sad, rip"

FTM

FTM

Soldato
could you launch a drone from a balloon...so the drone could reach a higher ceiling without relying on battery life to get it that high..or are its tiny rotors not going to cut it in the thinner air? I know helicopters have trouble at higher altitudes

Soldato
Why would he want to go into outer space to prove the earth is flat

Surely it would have been easier to of just driven or taken a boat to the edge of the earth to prove this

Nope.

They've come up with some pretty detailed explanations as to why you can circumnavigate the globe "not-globe"(?).

I might have this slightly wrong, but think of the world as a disc. Now take a stake with some rope tied around it and plant the stake in the centre. The centre is the North Pole. Moving away from the centre (i.e. lengthening the rope) is moving South. Moving toward the centre (i.e. shortening the rope) is moving North. West is a clockwise rotation, while East is an anti-clockwise rotation. Antarctica covers the entire rim of the disc. Nobody has ever crossed Antarctica by continuously moving South, and so we don't know what's on the other side.

That, in a nutshell, is supposedly why you can circumnavigate the flat earth without falling off the edge.

Soldato
The only way to engage with flat Earthers is to play them at their own game.

"Yes mate, our heads are also flat."

"They clearly aren't, we can see our heads are round."

"That's just an illusion etc"

Soldato
And sense well below anyone here, unless he was doing it as a publicity stunt.

1) The earliest surviving formal proof of the Earth being round is about 2500 years old and nails it down in detail with an abundance of evidence. The only thing they got wrong was that they thought Earth was a perfect sphere and it's a miniscule amount off being a perfect sphere. And that's the just oldest surviving formal proof - people knew it wasn't flat long before then. In addition, a flat planet just wouldn't work anyway even if some entity made one for some reason. Without adding a massive amount of magic into the mix, it's just not a thing that can happen. Flat earth is a modern myth started as a joke. Trying to prove it true is on a par with trying to prove that the moon is made of cheese.

2) It's a great deal easier, cheaper and safer to make a balloon that can go far higher than his little rocket might have managed.

3) It's a pointless exercise anyway because flat earthism is a belief and thus requires the dismissal of evidence and thought as irrelevant. If you put a bunch of flat earthers in a transparent spaceship and flew them in various orbits around Earth with a 24/7 video feed live to everywhere on Earth and constant tracking of the spaceship's position by anyone who wants to do so and who has some radio equipment...it wouldn't make any difference at all.

My brother, who sadly has become a flat earther in his dotage, dismissed my personal experience of seeing the curvature of the earth from a long distance air flight years ago, to the plane windows being curved themselves, altering the view.

Disregarding totally that nothing appeared curved when peering through the window on the ground, but hey-ho.

Back
Top Bottom