Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Service history is a must above all really. They're solid cars as long as they are serviced properly. If the gearbox service hasn't been done by Audi or a decent independent at the 38k intervals I'd run away. The V8s prior to the 3.0 supercharged units were notorious for coking up, but you say it has an uprated pulley which suggests the 3.0 supercharged power unit which is great as they are massively understressed units. A S/C pulley, a breathier airbox and a remap will easily put them into 4 seconds 0-60 times without really putting any stress on the running gear and can be had from a reputable Audi tuner for £1,500 max. As to the sunroof, that could be a costly affair but I guess it depends on how often you open it. I would personally favour a non-functional sunroof just because it makes the interior of the car feel much airer. You never know, you may get lucky and the runners just need a decent greasing - a burnt out motor or similar is going to be expensive though.

With the Audi Drive Select, this can be 'enabled' with a £20 adapter from Amazon. In fact there are loads of options you can enable through software on VAG cars, but if the car wasn't factory optioned with the magnetic steering and adaptive dampers (i.e. the hardware to interface with the software), it's a total waste of time as all it will do is control the volume of the piped in engine noise.

I just dumped my 2015 S5 for this hilarious financial burden that people seem compelled to park their ****boxes right up against in empty car parks. Three weeks in and the dashcam is like 48 hours worth of footage of me laughing like an idiot.

rm6j364.jpg

Yeah, it's an early 3.0 V6 rather than a V8.

I know it's had one DSG service, and he's said he was going to book it in for another one if he was keeping it, so it must be due soon.

I've got a Carista OBD adaptor that I've used with my Cupra, hopefully it would be compatible with the Audi too.

Thanks for the detailed post, very jealous of your new toy?

Soldato
Any of you guys have experience of new Audi build dates/lead times? I ordered a new Black Edition A6 Avant 45 TFSI from Marshall Audi Oxford on December 17th (9wks and counting) and I still don't have a build date yet, despite chasing. They've been pretty lethargic in keeping me updated, in that I have to contact them each time for an update, and that update consists of "We'll let you know when we hear something". I've asked a couple of times now if waiting this long to still not even have a vague idea of a build date is normal and not had a straight answer. I can't see why after this long they can't even hazard a guess, and there's been no explanation as to why it's such a mystery. Very frustrating.

Soldato
Did you get sent a link to track your order from Audi themselves?
You should do once its in the system

If you havent had that I would question if its actually been placed in the queue
No link, just the order form I signed when I paid the deposit. I've registered with My Audi on their website but it doesn't recognise the order number from my order form, saying it's the wrong number of digits. The salesman I placed the order with said about three weeks ago that he should hear something "in 7-10 days", after 14 days I had to again chase him for an update, he then said he was going to email his area stock controller for an update but that was Tuesday morning and again I've heard nothing.

Soldato
Do it! First thing you should do is plug in Carista and switch the Soundaktor volume down to 0%. The second thing you should do is then boot it down a clear road and take in the supercharger whine :D

That was the first thing I did in my Cupra! And yes, that whine was addictive, even on the 20 minute test drive, I'm just waiting to hear back about another car, and if it falls through, I'll hopefully be an S4 owner! ;)

Soldato
Had my S5 for coming up to 2 1/2 years now and starting to look at replacing it.

It’s been a great car so far. The only complaint is getting the little ones in the back isn’t the easiest because of the sloping roofline.

Was considering S6 Avant or maybe even a SQ5 but I think I would miss the nice petrol engine in my current car.

Anything else I should be looking at.

Soldato

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Picked up a 2010 B8 S4 saloon on Sunday. Fantastic car. Fairly well specced with B&O, the full sports seats with memory, MMI High etc as well as a full Milltek system.

It had a gearbox recondition at 69k and full service history.

Only going to be in the UK For another 6 months so wanted something fun and reasonably priced.

Soldato
Had my S5 for coming up to 2 1/2 years now and starting to look at replacing it.

It’s been a great car so far. The only complaint is getting the little ones in the back isn’t the easiest because of the sloping roofline.

Was considering S6 Avant or maybe even a SQ5 but I think I would miss the nice petrol engine in my current car.

I got mine the around the same time, and Audi are pushing me already as well. I'm pretty sure im going to cough up the bubble on mine and keep it another 2-3 years.
Its a great car I love driving it and they have made most of the S series cars oil burners now. I'm going to hold out and see where the market goes.

That V6 Roar with the roof down is so enjoyable even if its the worst car in the world for moving anything in, that said i wasnt expecting loads of room in a cabriolet, but i was also not expecting to struggle loading up at tescos sometimes.

Soldato
Soldato

The A6 55TFSI would probably be similar to an S6 oil burner to drive, but 3.0 petrol

Soldato
No link, just the order form I signed when I paid the deposit. I've registered with My Audi on their website but it doesn't recognise the order number from my order form, saying it's the wrong number of digits. The salesman I placed the order with said about three weeks ago that he should hear something "in 7-10 days", after 14 days I had to again chase him for an update, he then said he was going to email his area stock controller for an update but that was Tuesday morning and again I've heard nothing.
Sent a snotty email to the Sales Manager and he phoned me the same day apologising profusely for the lack of communication. It's now build week 13 so I should get it end of April. He's mentioned doing something with accessories as compensation so I'll see if he'll stretch to a roof box and bars when I finally pick it up :p

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Warranty on the RS3 is due for renewal, £580 for full cover with zero excess which didn’t seem too bad. Not decided yet if I want to save £100 on the price and stick the excess to £100.

I had a couple of warranty bits done over the last year that would’ve likely cost about that or more, and just think if there’s anything gearbox or engine related on this it isn’t going to be cheap to sort ;)

After a shaky start when I originally got it, bit of buyers remorse coupled with really liking the Golf R I traded in for it and missing that, have to say it’s been a fantastic car that still makes me smile every time I get in and start it up :)

Back
Top Bottom