Corsair Lighting Node Pro (LNP) - DEFECTIVE?

Associate
I recently built a new PC with a really nice brand new Corsair Crystal 680x case, the case came with a corsair Lighting Node Pro (LNP), and the setup couldn't have been easier.....apart from one bit.

I added the three 120mm LL fans that came with the case to my H150i AIO and to the LNP, all was good, lighting control worked fine and all were connected to the first LNP channel.

I purchased a single 140mm LL fan for the rear (replacing the non RGB fan) and connected to the first port (or possibly 3rd port) of the second channel but cannot get this to light up at all. I've tried ALL ports, I've tried all logical settings in iCue, but nothing. When I swap with one of the fans in the 1st channel, it works fine.

I've read Corsair don't have a great reputation wrt to reliability, and beginning to wonder whether its actually me, or whether the LNP shipped has a dead second channel.

Any thoughts anyone?

Soldato
I have a 465x but I bought extra parts to get everything synced (so many cables). I have the Commander Pro and the Lighting Node Core (for fans only).

The Lighting Node Pro only has 2 ports and from what you've said, it sounds like a dead 2nd port.

This guide was very handy when i was working everything out;
https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

I've only used Corsairs customer service once about 12 years ago and it was very good. A mate used them recently and had a new PSU arrive within days.

Associate
OP
@Bickaxe thank you, I reported what I saw in iCue, but you're right, it looks nothing like the Corsair LNP, and is in fact the RGB Fan hub controller as @RevBillyG said. I guess thats the brains and the FHC is just a distribution point.

So barring the wrong name of the device (what a plonker!), the description remains, as in the upper 3 ports on the FHC work, the lower 3 don't seem to. Does the connection from the FHC to the LNP make use of both of the LNP channels, meaning 1x LNP could support 2x FHCs and therefore 12 fans?

Ill pull it apart a bit later, and follow up with the link,
thank you both.

Back
Top Bottom