Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
This has appeared for sale in the past few days. It looks fantastic but the only owner it's ever had, has serviced it on mileage, not time. Oh dear.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202002247650926

Mine was serviced on mileage most time too, the guy I got it of barely drove it.. oil/filter were done a year ago when I bought it and did under 200 miles. The oil etc were golden without any dirt/use in it. Servicing at that time would've been a waste. She's getting a service every year with me now that's driven but no point when it sits locked up. Oil doesn't go "bad" in a year.

Associate
Spoiler kit?
The prices have certainly risen then a car with those miles is commanding the 17k region now.

Don't know what the proper name is. It included a front lip and boot spoiler in the form of a lip or wing. Fairly rare I think.

57a470aa330c7.jpg

fg-198-honda-s2000-oncar-01_1.jpg

OcUK Staff
This has appeared for sale in the past few days. It looks fantastic but the only owner it's ever had, has serviced it on mileage, not time. Oh dear.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202002247650926

That is very normal as owners SORN them and as such they then don’t service them too and it all coincides with years they are SORN.

I agree with Grudas a car stood and not driven does not need servicing it’s just par for the course on a car for many that is a second car and used only in summer or not at all some years.

20k is quite price to pay they actually listed it at 19k and have since put another grand on price.

The Junction17 car has sold!
Also a one owner high miler has sold too.

Associate
So my FK2 has been telling me porkies. showing that it is averaging 39mpg. Yet I on a recent run I only got 325 miles out of a full tank, which is 50l. That equates to 29mpg lol. A far cry from 39, but still okay, wonder why the trip computer is so far out?

Soldato
That is very normal as owners SORN them and as such they then don’t service them too and it all coincides with years they are SORN.

I agree with Grudas a car stood and not driven does not need servicing it’s just par for the course on a car for many that is a second car and used only in summer or not at all some years.

20k is quite price to pay they actually listed it at 19k and have since put another grand on price.

The Junction17 car has sold!
Also a one owner high miler has sold too.
I think the sales of them will pick up once the weather improves.

I'd have a look at odd places too, s2k for sale group on facebook and facebook market place.

my one popped up on facebook market place for 17k then I found it on pistonheads for 15k.

always time for some honda love.

ebe464f9fefbbf1f1dd2fffb287bc820.jpg

e6d0f4f0234b9c4efaa431ada28b6fc8.jpg

41852784268efca1a3eb301e660989d7.jpg

can't wait for the weather to improve! she's been in the garage since november.

OcUK Staff
I think the sales of them will pick up once the weather improves.

I'd have a look at odd places too, s2k for sale group on facebook and facebook market place.

my one popped up on facebook market place for 17k then I found it on pistonheads for 15k.

always time for some honda love.

ebe464f9fefbbf1f1dd2fffb287bc820.jpg

e6d0f4f0234b9c4efaa431ada28b6fc8.jpg

41852784268efca1a3eb301e660989d7.jpg

can't wait for the weather to improve! she's been in the garage since november.

Yeah yours is lovely, is it royal blue or navy blue, do like purple tinge to it.
I want yellow but realise to get that I'd be waiting months, maybe years and then paying a very handsome price indeed to get a late AP2 model one.

As such my next favourite colours are moonrock and formula red.

I have been monitoring literally every for sale page I can think off, there is so few decent AP2 cars for sale that seem clean and genuine. Infact best ones so far seem to be the one I viewed and also a more or less identical car at Honda on the east coast a 2009 with 54k miles at 15k and a private 07 car at 13.5k with same front lip as yours and enthusiast owned, problem is both are big distances away and after driving all the different year models I prefer the 08 handling so probably after an 08, maybe an 09 as long as miles are beyond 40k so in theory then if the engine issue was present it would have shown itself.

Soldato
Yeah yours is lovely, is it royal blue or navy blue, do like purple tinge to it.
I want yellow but realise to get that I'd be waiting months, maybe years and then paying a very handsome price indeed to get a late AP2 model one.

As such my next favourite colours are moonrock and formula red.

I have been monitoring literally every for sale page I can think off, there is so few decent AP2 cars for sale that seem clean and genuine. Infact best ones so far seem to be the one I viewed and also a more or less identical car at Honda on the east coast a 2009 with 54k miles at 15k and a private 07 car at 13.5k with same front lip as yours and enthusiast owned, problem is both are big distances away and after driving all the different year models I prefer the 08 handling so probably after an 08, maybe an 09 as long as miles are beyond 40k so in theory then if the engine issue was present it would have shown itself.

the colour officially is called "royal navy blue pearl" it's the pearl that gives it a lovely pop in the sun, does look dark navy in the shade but the metallic flake is strong.

I did want a yellow one but they're super rare! there was one for sale for 26k with a few mugen bits but I think it sold and left uk - that's how rare the yellow is.

red is great so is the monza red - super rare too.

yeah the lip was an optional extra - oem ones cost crazy money, 500+ for unpainted ones. I don't know what standard ones drive like as the only one I went to look at was the one I bought and it came on ohlin road and track suspension(got the stock in a box) and ap-racing BBK and it is solid for my driving/fast road.

the interior is also retrimmed with alcantara, flat bottom steering wheel and cr gear knob - really wakes it up.

the metallic looks great under lights/sun

completely changes the colour.

Soldato
Gorgeous that Grudas, lovely colour and tasteful mods.

Think for me, it has to be in black, with the V2 alloys and maybe with CR spoiler, naughty looking car that would be.

Never happen now though, They're too rich for my liking and i'm too fat for sport cars now, Though I have been looking at Euro R's a lot lately :mad:

Man of Honour
OP
@Gibbo there is no such thing as an AP2 in the UK, they're just newer/facelift models. AP2 is US only.

If I saw an Imola Orange facelift for sale in good condition I could feel me doing something stupid.

Soldato
Gorgeous that Grudas, lovely colour and tasteful mods.

Think for me, it has to be in black, with the V2 alloys and maybe with CR spoiler, naughty looking car that would be.

Never happen now though, They're too rich for my liking and i'm too fat for sport cars now, Though I have been looking at Euro R's a lot lately :mad:

thank man.

they're going up in value which is great for current owners but difficult if you want to buy one in good condition. A few ropey/tired ones around for under 8k but it depends how you run your cars, I've got a bit of a car ocd :D

@Gibbo there is no such thing as an AP2 in the UK, they're just newer/facelift models. AP2 is US only.

If I saw an Imola Orange facelift for sale in good condition I could feel me doing something stupid.

imola orange is another great colour! I'm actually surprised how many picked silver over the more punchy/fun colours for that were available.

OcUK Staff

Yep I know that, just bad wording on my part, all UK cars are AP1 as we retain the sweeter engine, but the rest of the updates were done.

OcUK Staff
the colour officially is called "royal navy blue pearl" it's the pearl that gives it a lovely pop in the sun, does look dark navy in the shade but the metallic flake is strong.

I did want a yellow one but they're super rare! there was one for sale for 26k with a few mugen bits but I think it sold and left uk - that's how rare the yellow is.

red is great so is the monza red - super rare too.

yeah the lip was an optional extra - oem ones cost crazy money, 500+ for unpainted ones. I don't know what standard ones drive like as the only one I went to look at was the one I bought and it came on ohlin road and track suspension(got the stock in a box) and ap-racing BBK and it is solid for my driving/fast road.

the interior is also retrimmed with alcantara, flat bottom steering wheel and cr gear knob - really wakes it up.

the metallic looks great under lights/sun

completely changes the colour.

Love the interior modifications, very subtle but effective, did yours come re-trimmed or did you get that done?

Soldato
Love the interior modifications, very subtle but effective, did yours come re-trimmed or did you get that done?

previous owner :) funny the car came with bits I wanted so was a perfect match.

I was going to put decent coilovers on it, new wheels, bigger brakes etc but this one checked out spec wise.

it came with:

ohlins
ap-racing bbk
retrimmed interior(previous owner was a big fan of alcantara.. think the work was near 2k with materials)
uk mod on the exhaust

I then went ahead and put the work wheels, hks dual exit etc..

few more plans for the future but as it stands it drives and looks how I want it.

I've got all the standard parts so once it is ready to sell it'll go back to OEM spec.

Associate
previous owner :) funny the car came with bits I wanted so was a perfect match.

I was going to put decent coilovers on it, new wheels, bigger brakes etc but this one checked out spec wise.

it came with:

ohlins
ap-racing bbk
retrimmed interior(previous owner was a big fan of alcantara.. think the work was near 2k with materials)
uk mod on the exhaust

I then went ahead and put the work wheels, hks dual exit etc..

few more plans for the future but as it stands it drives and looks how I want it.

I've got all the standard parts so once it is ready to sell it'll go back to OEM spec.

That car is lovely! When are you thinking of selling?

Back
Top Bottom