Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Atlas Superstore, atrocious map!

I felt this when I first played it on console, then last night it popped up on PC, still feel it is bad.

Would rather they added more TDM maps and removed Shipment from the current rotation, then have a playlist that rotates Rust and Shoot House on the main menu (maybe Shipment too if they have to)!

Azira's(?) Palace should become a Ground War map only, got bored on it in a 10v10 last night, had to back out the game (but it does play better in Ground War).

Soldato
Not a fan of BR games. I'm TDM all the way. Agree there should be more maps. I actually dont mind the Atlas Superstore map. Had some real lol moments on that map. One game, I decided to camp the hell out of one of the offices and some butt hurt just kept coming. And dying. I must have killed him 8 or 9 times before he gave up! Think I made him RQ. I felt dirty and wrong for playing like a ******* but I laughed hard. Lol :p

Then I got my ass handed to me by someone who knew what they were doing and I laughed even more. Was such a nice move to be fair.

Only map I'm not too fussed about is shipment.

All the other core TDM maps are OK. I dont even mind piccadilly.

Im crap at Rust but to be fair I have only had it rotation twice (literally) and I haven't figured the angles etc out in that time. But I feel it does seem like a slightly more open shipment and probably should be 2v2 only?

The maps do encourage a degree of camping but I like that there are ways to counter that if you play tactically. Also killstreaks generally dont seem too OP either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
How slow this game is, TDM is tedium. I usually stick to TDM but too many games go to the time limit than score limit and it's boring af. TDM in this game reminds me of SnD in older CoDs. TBF though even the occasional objective games are boring too - played a game of domination the other night and we won 200 to 40 as they took half the game to even capture their home flag. I really don't understand why though as (I think) all but one finished with negative k/d's too.

Soldato
How slow this game is, TDM is tedium. I usually stick to TDM but too many games go to the time limit than score limit and it's boring af. TDM in this game reminds me of SnD in older CoDs. TBF though even the occasional objective games are boring too - played a game of domination the other night and we won 200 to 40 as they took half the game to even capture their home flag. I really don't understand why though as (I think) all but one finished with negative k/d's too.

I think the TDM pace is fine. It does depend on the players though. I would say on balance most games I have played have reached score limit.

I dont mind if it finishes on time expiry instead though.

The TDM map design on most recent CoD games were kill and be killed due to the lanes and angles vs player count and spawns.

This release feels a bit more balanced to me. It has elements of run and gun but also more tactical elements like working as a team holding and defending areas (or assaulting them). This is very much in the spirit of TDM. The map design slows things down a bit as you cant just run and gun everywhere otherwise you get claymored or mined or sniped or just taken down by someone covering that lane, but I kind of like that.

Soldato

I quite prefer the pace in this CoD to past ones - HC TDM can be quite a tense affair, requiring you to be quite careful how to navigate the map. When it first launched there were so many cries about camping, but thankfully that has petered out a bit now, and most people will move around tactically. Sure, you still get folks who run(and slide) 'n' gun though - and often they can carve the map up in a game.

Here's hoping they do nothing to the pace of HC modes, as I think they are perfect right now.

Back
Top Bottom