**** Official Fallout 4 MODS Thread ****

Soldato
I didn't see Place Everywhere in that list and I'd say that it is the most useful mod to have if you're building anything. You mention "Player House", so I assume you are doing some building. Place Everywhere vastly improves building. It's not essential because you can build without it, but it's extremely useful and there are numerous things you can build with it that you can't build without it.

If you like decorating your player home (as you probably do), Do It Yourshelf (various shelves and bookcases and decorative items that will snap to those shelves) and Creative Clutter (many decorative items, but sadly few will snap to Do It Yourshelf shelves) are great mods for that. There's a Creative mod for gardens from the same author, but I don't remember the name off the top of my head.

Eli's Armor Compendium is actually more about clothing, but it's great clothing. Even if you don't use it in game, it would make good player home decoration with some display mannequins. There's also a vintage clothing mod that has excellent 1930s style clothing, but I don't recall the name off the top of my head.

There are a couple of really big mods for settlement building objects that would also work for player housing. It's been a while since I played FO4, but IIRC they're called Homemaker and Settlement Objects Extended. I used Homemaker (I think that's what it's called). IIRC it adds over 5000 items for building.

I was using dozens of settlement building mods to add stuff to build and 1 or 2 to change textures. One for concrete was just the job - one of the textures in the mod made the concrete look new but a bit rough and irregular in colour, like it had been made with imperfect materials and knowledge. I think that fitted the gameworld far better than the unmodded concrete. I could dig up a list if you like. Do you do a lot of building your own player home or are you after a mod that adds a pre-built player home? If it's the latter, there's no point me looking through my mods since they're all about building your own.

Thanks for all that information, much appreciated ! Should probably been more exact myself though, since not quiet going to build any settlements, just want some player houses spread around on the map I can enter and do repairs or make weapons etc. I got a bunch of player homes already, 7 of them from Elianora and a couple more from others. And I just checked Place Everywhere, it is in my mod list but it is not a esp file so don't show in the above list of mod that MO 2 generates.

I appreciate the offer to look through your mods but as you said, no point as for now since I'm not planing on building any settlements.

Thanks again for our reply, much detailed and informative ! :)

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Hey all. Had to stop my replay earlier this year due to PS problems, so have just remodded it all again and going to start but thought I ask if anyone has any Weapons, Armour or Player House suggestions for me. The present mod list is in the spoiler, if I missed any essential mods, please fell free to add those as well. :)

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
DLCCoast.esm
DLCworkshop02.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm
DLCNukaWorld.esm
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
ArmorKeywords.esm
BerettaM9FS.esl
XDI.esm
TrueStormsFO4.esm
SettlementKeywords.esm
VIS-G Item Sorting.esp
AWKCR - dnCommonArmor dlc legendaries bugfix.esp
TRUBY9.esp
EasyLockpicking.esp
EasyHacking.esp
Eli_DLC Paintings.esp
EBMD_AllInOne.esp
Armorsmith Extended.esp
funcweddingrings.esp
Vivid Fallout - All in One - Best Choice.esp
TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsets.esp
TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp
TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsetsFH.esp
TrueStormsFO4-FarHarborExtraRads.esp
TrueStormsFO4-GlowingSeaExtraRads.esp
TrueStormsFO4-NukaWorld-FH-Compat.esp
FO4 Seasons - Spring - AllDLC.esp
Survivalist GoBags-Chem Station.esp
DD_bleu_Ump_Extreme_Lore_friendly_edition.esp
DD_bobblehead_stands.esp
WastelandCodex.esp
NMC Bundle HIGH.esp
SettlementMenuManager.esp
OctaviusSentibar_Labels.esp
Weapons of Fate.esp
Real-ish Firearms.esp
free_downgrades.esp
ImmersiveScrapping_SeasonPass.esp
Better Weapon Scrap.esp
TheMobileMechanic.esp
Loot Detector.esp
3dscopes.esp
EBMD-AE_Patch.esp
EBMD-VISG_Patch.esp
OWR_CraftableDecor.esp
OWR_CraftableDecor_CW.esp
OWR_CraftableDecor_SKPatch.esp
MiscandJunkItemChanges.esp
3dscopes-farharbor.esp
3dscopes-nukaworld.esp
3dscopes-framework.esp
3dscopes Add+DLC+BMD Sollus91 Custom.esp
3dscopes-ump.esp
A Variety of Containers.esp
BTInteriors_Project.esp
LootableCrates.esp
BTInt_Optimization.esp
LootableCrates MergedDLCs.esp
ImmersiveScrapping_TidyUp.esp
Eli_MarlboroughHouse.esp
BTInt_Menus.esp
Eli_Chestnut Lodge DLC.esp
Eli_FahabaShack.esp
Eli_Rockin Red Rocket.esp
Eli_Hangman's Home.esp
MisriahArmory.esp
CorvalhoWidowShotgun.esp
P99.esp
Eli_Bunker.esp
Eli_Display Shelves.esp
llamaCompanionHeather.esp
OWR.esp
llamaCompanionHeather-VIS-G - AE Patch.esp
Scopes.esp
Dustworth.esp

there are some superb weapon mods out at the minute..all top quality with custom animations and superb texture work and modelling
RU556 and the ru556 armory project
UMP by fx0x01
MP7 by fx0x01
ak74 by fx0x01
ak400 by fx0x01
deadpool99's service rifle

FTM

FTM

Soldato
there are some superb weapon mods out at the minute..all top quality with custom animations and superb texture work and modelling
UMP by fx0x01
MP7 by fx0x01
ak74 by fx0x01
ak400 by fx0x01

if you want modern armours PMC armour on the nexus is good, if you want loads of choices in a modern flavour that is also a gunner armour replacer sign up to the GUN network..its not a public forum but it has a superb REsident evil themed armour pack which features loads of modular modern armour bits and base uniforms...not the mediocre one on the nexus

sorry mods didnt mean to double post!

Soldato
UMP by fx0x01
MP7 by fx0x01
ak74 by fx0x01
ak400 by fx0x01

Thanks, downloaded those weapon suggestions of yours and will be trying them out ! Nice touch having them be part of a quest to obtain them and not just dropping them in a box. :)

if you want modern armours PMC armour on the nexus is good, if you want loads of choices in a modern flavour that is also a gunner armour replacer sign up to the GUN network..its not a public forum but it has a superb REsident evil themed armour pack which features loads of modular modern armour bits and base uniforms...not the mediocre one on the nexus

sorry mods didnt mean to double post!

Had a bit of problem finding Modern Armour first, since couldn't find it at all on Nexus. Google found it for me though. Modern Firearms ... and downloaded the mods from there, hopefully it all be working well together ! =)

Once again, appreciate your suggestions ! :D

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Thanks, downloaded those weapon suggestions of yours and will be trying them out ! Nice touch having them be part of a quest to obtain them and not just dropping them in a box. :)

Had a bit of problem finding Modern Armour first, since couldn't find it at all on Nexus. Google found it for me though. Modern Firearms ... and downloaded the mods from there, hopefully it all be working well together ! =)

Once again, appreciate your suggestions ! :D

i have soooo many guns but I just couldnt get along with modern firearms, I think having so many other mods ( I am running 237 at the moment) cause it a few problems

the quests are not massive to e honest for most of them but they do add unique variants to find in the game world so its fun ti stumble across a locked weapons case

also forgot to add...by the same author FX0x01 G36 complex (he is good !)
ak5c a nordic relic by asXas - again a qust line but this time with camo and mods to find in the game world as well
and lastly DOOMBASED wepaons merged by DOOMBASED, 16 guns, handguns shotguns, assault rifles and heavy machine gun, all good quality and offering lots of variety

I enjoy having lots of weapons mods as if they are added to the leveled lists its always makes combat that little bit more interesting as the enemy get decent guns as well

Soldato
i have soooo many guns but I just couldnt get along with modern firearms, I think having so many other mods ( I am running 237 at the moment) cause it a few problems

the quests are not massive to e honest for most of them but they do add unique variants to find in the game world so its fun ti stumble across a locked weapons case

also forgot to add...by the same author FX0x01 G36 complex (he is good !)
ak5c a nordic relic by asXas - again a qust line but this time with camo and mods to find in the game world as well
and lastly DOOMBASED wepaons merged by DOOMBASED, 16 guns, handguns shotguns, assault rifles and heavy machine gun, all good quality and offering lots of variety

I enjoy having lots of weapons mods as if they are added to the leveled lists its always makes combat that little bit more interesting as the enemy get decent guns as well

The quests don't have to be massive, just a nice touch that there are something to make you gain the weapons. :)

Already found and installed the Doombased weapon merge, and also got the other two you mentioned. Liked the sound of the Ak5S, be fun running around with it since I used it myself in the army when I did my time there in my youth. :p

If you have a text file of all your mods, wouldn't mind seeing it if you could post it in a spoiler tag ?

Soldato
Have anyone used Elianora's Red Rocket mod ? The description in the mod says two things about the red workbench and it is showing in her pictures as well from other players that has built settlement there.

From the description:
- There is no workbench for settlement building - What you see is what you get
- You can still use the OUTSIDE of the garage as normal settlement, build and invite settlers etc. Just they can't come inside. The only edits outside are the workbench location, adding some trees and cars and stuff.

For me though, there is no red workstation hence wondering if anyone that has used, or using, the mod could check and see if it is there ?? If you can, it should be on the side of the house from what I can see in her screenshoots.

Not that I am that interested in settlement building, just more worried if I done something wrong with the modding. Didn't install the mod from the start but had it installed before I left the vault though.

If anyone has any ideas I be more then open to hear them ! Also adding my mod list if needed.

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
+The Eyes of Beauty Fallout Kaleidoscope Edition - All-in-One
+Eye Normal Map Fix Fallout 4 Edition
+Crazy Earl's Scrapyard
+AE Replacer Wearable Backpacks and Pouches v1.4b
+Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - 1.4b
+Wearable Backpacks and Pouches
+Ammunition And Explosive Manufacturing + FH & NW
+Silent UI
-LooksMenu
+Better Idiot Savant
+BodySlide and Outfit Studio
+Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer -CBBE-
+AE Replacer Gunslinger Outfit v2.0
+Gunslinger Outfit
+AE Replacer Steampunk Gunslinger vMegaFinal
+Steampunk Gunslinger Outfit - Vanilla - CBBE
+Clothing Of The Commonwealth - Mega Outfit Pack - (VANILLA-EVB-CBBE) (AWKCR-AE)
+AE WestTek Night Thermal Vision Addon
+West Tek Tactical Optics - Night Vision Thermal Vision Goggles and More
+Restored Radium Rifle
+Crimsomrider's Scrounger Perk With DLC Ammo
+The Red Wave (Reloaded) Fast Travel Player Home
+APC Transport V2.2.2
+First Person Messages
+Combat Helmet Illumination 2018 Armorsmith Extended Patch
+Combat Helmet Illumination 2018
+Nuka-World Map With Marked Locations And Collectibles
+Far Harbor Map With Marked Locations And Collectibles
+Satellite Color World Map Combo Vault Girl
-Satellite Color World Map Combo Vault Boy
+WET
+No More Creation Club News
+Everyone's Best Friend v3.0.0
+Concord Revised
+Companions Go Home
+Boston FPS Fix - aka BostonDT PreVis-PreCombine
+Better Drumlin Diner
+Dogmeat Pawsteps
+War Veteran Female Sole Survivor
+Vault111 Pistol Mods
+Automatically Lowered Weapons
-Better Gold Bars
+Private Military Company_1.0
+Dustworth - The Classy Eyebot Follower
+Heather Casdin - Patches FOMOD
+Heather Casdin - A Unique Companion Experience by llamaRCA
-Do Your Damn Job Codsworth -- A Sanctuary Hills Overhaul
-Sanctuary Improvements
-Sanctuary Bunker Player Home
+Hangman's Flat - Raider or Overboss player home
+Far Harbor Shack
+Chestnut Lodge - Player Home
+Eli Display Shelves 1.2 NW FH
+Armor Workbench No Fire Barrel
-Scopes Framework
+Marlborough Mansion
+Thirty-Yard Bunker
+Rockin' Red Rocket
-Rockin' Red Rocket 1.4
+A Variety of Containers
+OLD WORLD RADIO - BOSTON v6.0
+Loot Detector
+The Mobile Mechanic - Portable Workbenches and Junk Scrapping
+Better Weapon Scrap
+Free Weapon Downgrades
+Jdaking's SMM Menu Replacer for Where Did I Put That (ESP and ESL)
+Where Did I Put That
+Settlement Menu Manager
+Place Everywhere
+NMC's Texture Bundle
+The Wasteland Codex - Interactive Lore Database voiced by The Storyteller
+New Craftable BobbleHead Displays - Shelves and Animated Skulls
+The Beantown Interiors Project - Optimization
+The Beantown Interiors Project - Menus
+The Beantown Interiors Project
+AE Replacer Survivalist Go-Bags v1.2
+Survivalist Go-Bags
-Backpacks of the Commonwealth
-Misc and Junk Item Changes
+Fallout 4 Seasons - Grass - Trees - Plants - Snow
+True Storms Wasteland Edition v1.4 - Nuka and FH
+True Storms Wasteland Edition v1.4
+Vivid Fallout - All in One
+Even Better Mod Descriptions - Patches and Replacers
+Even Better Mod Descriptions - Gambit77 Mod Patch Pack
+Even Better Mod Descriptions
-See-Through-Scopes Framework
-See-Through-Scopes - Sollus91 Optional File
-See-Through-Scopes
+See-Through-Scopes v2.2
+Right-handed Far Harbor Lever Action Replacer
+Rem92 Lever Action Shotgun
+Wasteland Sniper Improved
-AE Replacer Wasteland Sniper v1.0 v2
+Wasteland Sniper by Hothtrooper44
+Modern Armors
+Weapons of Fate (Ballistics Overhaul)
+Real-ish Firearms - A Realism and Immersion Overhaul
+Walther P99
+The Widow Shotgun
+RU556 Armoury 3.7
+RU556 - Assault Rifle v3.0 - 2K
+Modern Firearms 2.6 Final
+Misriah Armory
+Heckler und Koch - MP7
+Heckler und Koch - UMP
+H and K UMP 45
+Heckler und Koch - G36 Complex
+Beretta M9-FS Pistol (92FS)
+AK74M - Assault Rifle
+Ak5C - A Nordic Relic
+AK400 - Assault Rifle
+DOOMBASED Weapons Merged (Weapon Pack)
+ETSGS - Easy To See Glowing Stuff
+Elianora's Fallout Junk Yard
+Easy Hacking
+Easy Lockpicking
+Functional wedding rings
+Armorsmith Extended
+Vault Girl Textures - Ne0's FOMOD Version
+Vault Girl Interface - Neo's FOMOD Version
+VIS-G Item Sorting
-Immersive Scrapping - Tidy up --- Inspired by Spring Cleaning
-Immersive Scrapping
+Flicker Fixer
-DEF_UI Translations
+DEF_UI
+HUD Plus Plus
-TruBy9 UltraWide Fallout 4
+TruBy9 UltraWide Fallout 4 - Without DialogueMenu
+Extended Dialogue Interface
+Lootable Crates-Merged DLCs
+Lootable Crates
+Mod Configuration Menu
+Achievements
+Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR)
+Settlement Keywords Expanded v1.60
+F4SE 0 06 17 - Scripts
+Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch
*DLC: Automatron
*DLC: Contraptions Workshop
*DLC: Far Harbor
*DLC: Nuka-World
*DLC: Vault-Tec Workshop
*DLC: Wasteland Workshop

Edit: Turns out the actually workshop wasn't needed, after having accessed one of the workbenches I was able to access the settlement building menu and all is good. :p

Last edited:

FTM

FTM

Soldato
darker nights goes well with true storms and I use pip boy lights for a properly focused flash light ( with lots of choice of beam types)
better settlers, for more variation ( there a plug in as well to go with Elianoras compendium so they use her clothing)

if you like exploring and strange encounters then Atomic radio and Tales from the commonwealth add a number of new locations in the game world along with quests and strange encounters and random people, as well as new music and some hilarious radio ads and features)
South of the sea add loads of things in the glowing sea

the last two just fill out the game world with a bit more content and more doors to open.

I also have been trying different enb/reshades just to change the look of things for a bit of variation

uber fidelity suite is easy to apply and doesnt need additional downloads.

Soldato
Hi
I am about to embark on FO4 VR edition.... and am wondering if there is a reccomended mod list for this?
I am not looking to alter the balance of the game or anything like that, I just want to up the eyecandy as much as possible. (if it happened to allow the FO4 DLC to work on it as well however I aint gonna argue ;).

Thanks, and sorry if i have missed a post already covering this

Mike

FTM

FTM

Soldato
not really

best thing to do is go to the nexus and look at the categories such as weapons, armour,clothing etc, then sort by downloads or endorsements

bottom line is most downloaded and endorsed are usually the best quality

Soldato
darker nights goes well with true storms and I use pip boy lights for a properly focused flash light ( with lots of choice of beam types)

Was looking for the pip boy lights and found a few other things, a handheld Pip-Pad and a Pip-Boy Application, so can actually have the map on a second monitor with some additional information and not having to open the pip-boy all the time, which I sure liked !

So thank you @FTM , if you had not suggested the pip-boy light I might not have found the others ! :D :p

Here is a screeny of the Pip-Boy Application.

386JiD7.gif

It has a ton of information it can be pulled out from the game, just like the official pip-boy app from Bethesda but wont have to run it on a small screen or use a android emulator or similar to have it running. Only requirement would be a second monitor though. :p

If anyone decide to download it, once the app is running, use the Auto Discovery function and not Connect to Host, when I tried that first I just got errors. And it is all modular so you can place it all however you want it to be shown. The map can be showing the map markers as you progress the game, or all at once if you so wishes.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I got rid of true storms and moved to vivid weathers and wow what a huge difference, it adds much more atmospheric weather.

sunsets and sunrises (if the suns out!) look amazing and still plays well with darker nights

Man of Honour
Hi. cn anyone recommend some must have mods for this game? i have jus started playing it and on level 9 now. btw what is the max level on this game?

It depends on how you're intending to play.

The most important factor in that respect being to what extent you intend to build settlements. If you're going to get into settlement building, then the numerous excellent settlement building mods will be extremely useful for you. If you're not going to get into settlement building, all those mods will be useless to you.

Do you want to add lots of locations into the gameworld, extra interior cells in buildings that aren't used in the vanilla game? Nothing major, but more stuff for exploration. If you do, mods for that are extremely useful. If you don't, they're useless.

Do you want to make the game much easier, especially at the beginning? Starter packs of equipment and ammunition. Better guns. Whatever. If you do, mods for that are extremely useful. If you don't, they're useless.

Do you want lots of outfits, either for your character or your settlers or both? Fancy strolling around the wastes in formal 1930s style clothing that's also armour, for example? If you do, mods for that are extremely useful. If you don't, they're useless.

Do you want to cheat, to make yourself superhuman so you can just explore the world and one-shot everything? If so, mods for that are extremely useful. If not, they're useless.

Etc, etc. You can do pretty much anything in FO4 with mods. Which mods are useful depends on what you want to do. The base game works, so there are no mods that you must have. There are many mods that might or might not be useful to you, depending on what you want to do. Although I would argue that the full dialogue interface mod is useful for anyone who doesn't find reading more than one word extremely difficult.

Here's a link to my initial mod list in this thread, with my comments on each one:

**** Official Fallout 4 MODS Thread ****

Things have changed since then, so there might be better mods and some of those mods might not be available any more. There was an issue with widespread mod theft a while back and some authors just jacked it in because other people were stealing their mods and passing them off as their own and/or combining them into mod packs and sometimes even charging for those mod packs. Straight up theft, so I understand why some mod authors decided they weren't going to put all that work in and not even get any credit for it, let alone have the thieves profit from the modders' work.

EDIT: I would suggest reading the rest of this thread too - there are a lot of good posts by various people. I'd also suggest looking at the Nexus mods site and looking at FO4 mods by category. There are thousands of FO4 mods, so it helps to narrow it down to what type of mod you're looking for. Clothing, new locations, entire DLCs ("New Lands", IIRC), etc. A mod manager would also be a good idea. There are a load of those. I'm still using Nexus Mod Manager, which isn't even supported any more but still works. There are others. I have no idea which is best.

Last edited:

FTM

FTM

Soldato
it still a golden age for quality weapon mods to expand your arsenal and make the game world a little bit more deadly

overhauls for the factions as well raider and supermutant reduxes make things a lot more challenging

Back
Top Bottom