First service advice

Soldato
Coming up to 1 year and 10k miles in the Citreon C3 we bought last year (new). The nearest main dealer is 20 miles away and wants £214 for effectively an oil, oil filter, and pollen filter change.

Is there any sense in getting it done there when I can just get the oil and filter change done locally for much less, and replace the pollen filter myself?

Does the dealer stamp really make sense on a cheap to run car like this? No plans to sell it in the near future.

Associate
If it was me I'd stump up for the main dealer service just to make any future warranty claim easier and once the warranty is over any goodwill on any problems would only happen with the full history, although you may not be planning on keeping it that long. I realise a lot of people wouldn't be bothered by this though.

Associate
It depends how long you envisge keeping it I guess. I'd certainly be wary if a sub 3 year old car didn't have dealer stamps in the book when purchasing.

I suppose the other question is if serviciing costs are that important why did you buy brand new? You could have had a 3 year old C3 for considerably less an serviced that at indys saving many times over?

Soldato
OP
TBH, cost isn't an issue - its more the inconvenience of having to do a 40 mile round trip just for an oil change.

The main dealer garage I bought it from closed late last year.

If I was planning to sell it within the next 4 years, obviously I wouldn't even question getting a main dealer stamp. Not that worried about warranty as it's hardly a complex car, and I'd be using their parts.

Associate
i've questioned myself about this, but always end up going to a main dealer. We've just had our VW serviced for the second time, which cost near enough £250 including a courtesy car. It's also a 90 miles round trip, but I think it's worth it.

Last edited:

Soldato
main dealer all the way unless you plan on running the car into the ground,

FMDSH will impact on the resale value and ease of any future sale,
especially on anything under 3/4 year old

example for us wifes Kuga that has done 35k in 4 years, main dealer stamps all the way
the taxis our own vat registered garage as their 3/4 yr old and hitting 200k and serviced every 10k rather than 20k as specced by the manufacturer but their worth buttons when we get rid

Back
Top Bottom