Advice on new build

Associate
I picked up a Ryzen 3700x at the overclockers birthday sale at the weekend... now i need the other bits :)

I have an EVGA 2070 Super and windows 10 already and am looking at getting the following bits

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £563.14 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

Its been ages since i've built a PC so im not sure if all the parts are compatible. Are there any glaring mistakes? Am i missing Anything?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
Hi

Looks good for the most part, but I would go with some cheaper Ram and a different Psu. Also the Fractal Meshify should have better airflow.

Added a couple of extra fans for the front, and you can put the pre-installed front fan at the top/rear.

The Arctic fans will only use a single fan header as the fans have a splitter cable. The Splitter cable is so you can plug both rear fans into the left side header.

The Scythe cooler is optional if you already have a cooler, or are using the stock one.

Total: £552.98 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

Soldato
Brilliant, thank you!

why the change in psu and ram? Is it purely a cost thing?

The TXM has better internals, although you lose the full modular part. If you want a fully modular Corsair unit then I would go with the RMx.

Yes the 8 Pack ram is very good but it is expensive. If you want to tinker with overclocking the Ram then you can swap to the Crucial Ballistix Sport LT. There is also the Patriot Viper if you want 3600MHz. The timings are not quite as good as the 8Pack kit but it is £50 cheaper.

Total: £181.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Back
Top Bottom