Overclockers Uk - Design Engineer

Associate
Hi all,

I'm Dan the sole Mechanical Design Engineer here at Overclockers UK, after almost 3 years working here I thought it was time I introduced myself here on the forums.

I have over 11 years of industry experience and a solid background in product development and design. With a Degree in Aeronautical & Mechanical Engineering. I have a good aptitude for R&D, CAD Design & Engineering in general. I’m always looking for new technology and push it further.

So far I am responsible for the Cad Design of:
There are more projects in the pipeline but I can't talk about these yet. Note, I'm involved in the prototyping stage of these systems but I don't generally build these systems’ past that, I am merely the design engineer, there are much more capable builders in our tech department who do this, however, I do like to talk with the builders and go over any issues with the build phase and make changes to my designs accordingly where needed.

Thought that I would reach out to you guys on the forum and share any information/ give help to people who may be interested in an engineering degree, CAD Design or custom PC modding in general.

I've been thinking of ways to involve members more, a video, an ask me anything post, I'm not sure yet let know your ideas on this. It would be good to also hear from you guys, any ideas, design concepts or themes are welcome.

Any questions welcome, please understand somethings I may not be able to answer, company secrets, methods etc.

Thanks for your time,

Dan.

Man of Honour
On a related note, though a little redundant as things move towards NVME M.2/PCI-e drives, I've always wondered why there was little in the way of desktop cases with the ability to fit SSD drives in a similar manner to a NAS, albeit there was the odd PCI hot swap bay and/or front panel bays with limited support for slide out storage trays - messing around internally with the case every time you wanted to add or remove internal storage seems so antiquated.

Back
Top Bottom