• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OCUK Ryzen 3900x bundle deal.

Soldato
Hi,
Just seen your Ryzen 3900x bundle deal, here.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...ce-pro-rgb-16gb-3600mhz-bundle-bu-01w-am.html

That is a great deal, especially with the -13% off.
I am wondering how long this deal is for ?
I get paid on Monday, so would be looking at ordering Monday midday, as long as the offer is still available.

Cheers,
Craig.

Is not bad deal. My reservation is the motherbord. FYI you can get 3900X, MSI B450 MAX tweak the RAM

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...al-channel-kit-black-grey-tlgd-my-09s-tg.html

for £609 and leave you enough to buy a good cooler.

Permabanned
OP
Thanks, but I really want a more future-proof motherboard and the X570 boards at least should give me a few years.
For the cooler, I am hoping my current Corsair Hydro will be upto the job. It's only 120mm, but I have it cooling my ageing 6700k at 4.5Ghz, and it comes with many adjusters for different sockets.

Man of Honour
I am hoping my current Corsair Hydro will be upto the job. It's only 120mm, but I have it cooling my ageing 6700k at 4.5Ghz, and it comes with many adjusters for different sockets.

A 120mm AIO is not really going to cool well if you are looking at oveclocking the chip, the 3900x is pretty warm.

Would recommend the bundle though, exactly the same components i have.

Offers generally change on a Wednesday, so you'll be fine ordering on Monday

Permabanned
OP
I'm probably going to just use the chip's turbo, for now. Does this beast O/C well ?
The main problem I have for coolers is my case, it's a desktop Silverstone case similar to the GRANDIA GD05, and the space inside can just about fit a 120mm AIO liquid cooler, there is no room for anything larger. I have a nice white nzxt tower case, it's huge, but it's in storage and difficult to get to.
That is a welcome thing that OCUK change their bundles on Wednesdays, looks promising - my first AMD CPU since the Athlon 64. :D

Soldato
I'm probably going to just use the chip's turbo, for now. Does this beast O/C well ?
The main problem I have for coolers is my case, it's a desktop Silverstone case similar to the GRANDIA GD05, and the space inside can just about fit a 120mm AIO liquid cooler, there is no room for anything larger. I have a nice white nzxt tower case, it's huge, but it's in storage and difficult to get to.
That is a welcome thing that OCUK change their bundles on Wednesdays, looks promising - my first AMD CPU since the Athlon 64. :D
Will it fit an ATX size motherboard in the case?

Associate
3900x runs warm, but then I'd think a 120mm aio would be better than the stock cooler. There's also very little point in overclocking these chips unless you use apps that leverage all the cores. I run mine at stock, it's cool enough, quiet enough and plenty fast enough.

Soldato
Thanks, but I really want a more future-proof motherboard and the X570 boards at least should give me a few years.
For the cooler, I am hoping my current Corsair Hydro will be upto the job. It's only 120mm, but I have it cooling my ageing 6700k at 4.5Ghz, and it comes with many adjusters for different sockets.

Next year's AMD chips will need a different socket so the X570 is future proof for about 16 months, just like the B450 Max is.

Permabanned
OP
Next year's AMD chips will need a different socket so the X570 is future proof for about 16 months, just like the B450 Max is.

Like Drollic said, better vrm's. Also, I tend to stick to onboard audio, and the Gigabyte board uses the Realtec ALC1220 - which, as far as onboard audio goes, is pretty good.
Also, I didn't think anyone yet knows if AMD will support X570 for Ryzen 4 ? And besides, there is little need to upgrade a 3900x for a long time.

Soldato
Like Drollic said, better vrm's. Also, I tend to stick to onboard audio, and the Gigabyte board uses the Realtec ALC1220 - which, as far as onboard audio goes, is pretty good.
Also, I didn't think anyone yet knows if AMD will support X570 for Ryzen 4 ? And besides, there is little need to upgrade a 3900x for a long time.

The Tomahawk MAX is a great motherboard to take 3950X and 4950X potentially. So VRM isn't an issue as it outshines several X570s also on this department.

Permabanned
OP
I'm sure it is a great board, but I am not interested in a B450 motherboard. They are slightly older boards, and use Realtek ALC892 for audio - I want alc1220.
I am also reading across other forums that the Tomahawk has some cold-boot issues, some BIOS versions have issues with high-end nvidia cards, and the "best" BIOS is a hacked bios.

Soldato
If you have the money go x570. If you want a budget board, but can handle the 3950 etc then go b450.

Both are great. But the x570 are clearly going to age better.

Associate
I got this bundle just a week or so ago and have had no issues and it runs great with a noctua D15 and it seems to run at fine temps.

The only tweaks I have used are the 1usmus power plan and ram calculator.

Associate
@Joop @KungFuSpaghetti

What sort of temps are you guys seeing under the Noctua cooler? Load/Idle/Gaming etc...?

Gaming my temps are in the 50's, there's the odd jump to 65 degrees for a mere moment, but then back into the 50's again. I do also have a small case (Fractal Design Define C - ATX), so not the best for temps. I'm running the cooler master triple fan block at the front, mounted to a 240mm rad which then has another x2 noiseblocker fans pulling air in as well. 1 bottom fan blowing in, 1 exhaust and nothing at the top (I did have 2 there, but made zero difference to temps. Hope that helps!

Soldato
It's a nice bundle for anyone looking to build a PC for more than just gaming.

Gaming wise it's a bit over powered and money would be better spent on a CPU with less cores/threads and the saved cash put towards a GPU.

Permabanned
OP
Just ordered, can't wait. Will have a sleepless night now, lol.
It is a bit over-powered for gaming, but next-gen consoles are going to be 8c/16t and devs will make full use of that - which then PC versions will follow.
I also do a lot of emulation, especially newer emulation of PS3, Wii-U, Xbox 360, etc.. and this 3900x is a beast for these emulators. For £672, it's a bargain. Many pay more just for their GPU. I have a last-gen GTX 1080, and now it can stretch it's legs.
I just hope my old Corsair Hydro H100i is upto the task, I won't be overclocking, for now.

Back
Top Bottom