Asus Sabretooth Z97 Mark 2 - Memory Advice

Soldato
As ddr3 is quite old now and your choices are limited, your best bet may be looking for 2400Cl11 from the second hand / used market.

Soldato
Actually, just realised I purchased the systrem from OcUK in Feb 2016. Just going to get a new computer completely :)
That's a wise decision as quad cores are starting to struggle a bit, you could just look at buying a new CPU, MB and ram and using the rest of the bits from your old system if you wanted to keep the costs down. Another good thing is that those old 4790k CPUs still sell for quite a bit second hand, virtually as much as a brand new ryzen 5 3600 so selling on your old parts can make an upgrade very cheap.

Soldato
OP
I'm tempted to keep it as a backup computer. The Titan Envy Duo I purchased from OCuK has been used pretty much everyday since early 2016 - it's been flawless, so kudos to ocuk on that front.

Soldato
It's still a very capable system. With regards to a new system, if you dicide to go with Intel then you may want to hang on for a month or two as they will be releasing a new socket very soon.

Back
Top Bottom