**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Why do Samsung use two different chipsets for their phones? Qualcomm is supposed to be much better, right?

It makes little difference day to day but the main point is they make exynos themselves so I presume it's cheaper and it's definitely easier for them to vertically integrate and plan around.

Other than benchmark geeks nobody even notices, because there's basically nothing to notice so why not use your own parts?

Nobody asks ford why they don't use BMW engines.

Soldato
It makes little difference day to day but the main point is they make exynos themselves so I presume it's cheaper and it's definitely easier for them to vertically integrate and plan around.

Other than benchmark geeks nobody even notices, because there's basically nothing to notice so why not use your own parts?

Nobody asks ford why they don't use BMW engines.

Check out the S10 thread, plenty of difference in battery performance. My battery is absolute trash compared to what some people are getting with phones they imported from HK with Snapdragon and plenty of others with bad battery life.

Soldato
Mine should be here in an 1 hour apparently, Ordered about an hour after the announcement when the site calmed down a bit for reference.... (512gb Ultra).

Associate
I got all excited last night having had the your parcel has been shipped and a DPD we have your parcel. I feel a little deflated this morning as DPD tracking is not showing any further progress. I opted for a before 10.30 service so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I hope it's just DPD tracking as I've booked a day off to day to ensure I was in for delivery.

Forgot to say, I also had the trade in email from Samsung so assume this is triggered once the new phone has a confirmed shipment. I hope it's just the DPD tracking is slow.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got all excited last night having had the your parcel has been shipped and a DPD we have your parcel. I feel a little deflated this morning as DPD tracking is not showing any further progress. I opted for a before 10.30 service so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I hope it's just DPD tracking as I've booked a day off to day to ensure I was in for delivery.

Forgot to say, I also had the trade in email from Samsung so assume this is triggered once the new phone has a confirmed shipment. I hope it's just the DPD tracking is slow.
If it's anything like mine tings can change quite quickly from essentially "??????" to it'll be there in 2 hours.

Associate
Nothing at all here from Amazon ... Note to self... don't pre-order phones from Amazon!

Video games used to get sent out early so was sort of hopeful the theme would continue...

Associate
If it's anything like mine tings can change quite quickly from essentially "??????" to it'll be there in 2 hours.

Yep, I've experienced that with DPD tracking in the past. I'm sure from memory I choose the before 10.30 but as long as it arrives today (intact) I don't mind. To be fair to Samsung they only charge a £3.99 premium for the before 10.30.

Soldato
Check out the S10 thread, plenty of difference in battery performance. My battery is absolute trash compared to what some people are getting with phones they imported from HK with Snapdragon and plenty of others with bad battery life.

Yes I know you've been very vocal about it, your phone is knackered.

It's not credible that the issues you've had are in any way replicated across the hundreds of thousands of units sold with the exynos chip, AFAIK the Qualcomm one is actually a small part of the total installed base.

Soldato
Yep, I've experienced that with DPD tracking in the past. I'm sure from memory I choose the before 10.30 but as long as it arrives today (intact) I don't mind. To be fair to Samsung they only charge a £3.99 premium for the before 10.30.

Mines arrived at the depot for delivery just there and hadn’t updated for a while so don’t sweat it. Bit frustrating if you don’t get it prior to 10.30 today when paid for...will come today at the very least I’m sure.

I know mines will likely be between 3-5pm today.

Associate
Mines arrived at the depot for delivery just there and hadn’t updated for a while so don’t sweat it. Bit frustrating if you don’t get it prior to 10.30 today when paid for...will come today at the very least I’m sure.

I know mines will likely be between 3-5pm today.

DPD tracking can be very hit and miss, I've had issues in the past with it.

I just checked the Samsung website and it is showing as shipped. As long as it arrives toady I'll be happy otherwise I'll have to make arrangements to either take another day of of make sure someone is home. Fingers crossed for everyone who is expecting a delivery today.

Associate
DPD tracking can be very hit and miss, I've had issues in the past with it.

I just checked the Samsung website and it is showing as shipped. As long as it arrives toady I'll be happy otherwise I'll have to make arrangements to either take another day of of make sure someone is home. Fingers crossed for everyone who is expecting a delivery today.
With DPD you normally get your delivery slot once the parcels are loaded onto your van/route which sometimes can be near on 10am.

Back
Top Bottom