**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Caporegime
Have all yours said preparing for dispatch since you ordered? Dispatch date/ETA seemed to have disappeared now other than the original dispatch date in my order email.

Soldato
Have all yours said preparing for dispatch since you ordered? Dispatch date/ETA seemed to have disappeared now other than the original dispatch date in my order email.
Not mine, money came out over a week ago, order hasn't changed and still says shipping by 8th March! I ordered on the 11th Feb

Soldato
Didn’t get a late night notification I take it?

My email actually stated ships by March 8th, so probably why as well.
Yeah nothing.

My order email says ships by 9th - so will ship today I hope

Odd wording. You'd expect ships BY 8th to mean ships on 7th... and ships by 9th to mean ships on 8th and so on.. haha

Soldato
Yes I know you've been very vocal about it, your phone is knackered.

It's not credible that the issues you've had are in any way replicated across the hundreds of thousands of units sold with the exynos chip, AFAIK the Qualcomm one is actually a small part of the total installed base.

My phone is perfectly healthy according to Samsung and all the usual tests. Some have returned theirs, others just live with it. I obviously don't have the data but seems a significant enough margin of users suffering from the issue, for it to be considered an issue.

My friend had similar problem on his S10+ too when he switched a provider so for those of us burned, we will definitely be looking at differences between Snapdragon and Exynos a lot closer.

Now never had problems with my S7 Edge so hopefully this is just something they messed up on with S10 series Exynos but people should be wary, especially seeing how many reviews come from US based sites who are not reviewing Exynos versions.

Associate
My phone is perfectly healthy according to Samsung and all the usual tests. Some have returned theirs, others just live with it. I obviously don't have the data but seems a significant enough margin of users suffering from the issue, for it to be considered an issue.

My friend had similar problem on his S10+ too when he switched a provider so for those of us burned, we will definitely be looking at differences between Snapdragon and Exynos a lot closer.

Now never had problems with my S7 Edge so hopefully this is just something they messed up on with S10 series Exynos but people should be wary, especially seeing how many reviews come from US based sites who are not reviewing Exynos versions.
For the most part most communities only contain complaints or negative posts if they have had or have a problem. especially like the official Samsung one. not many people will actually post there phone is ok and you will find not even a lot of phone users will not even look at communities unless they have a problem. so i generally take negative comments ect with a pinch of salt.

Associate
Looks like an epic fail somewhere along the line.
Just spent 25 minutes on the phone to Samsung as I couldn't get any sense out of DPD's chat bot :rolleyes:

Samsung support say my phone has been shipped, the girl on the phone then contacted DPD and DPD have no record of it being received. The girl on the phone said she now has to escalate this internally and they will probably arrange for a new phone to be shipped, no time frame though I just have to sit tight and wait in the mean time.
Knowing my luck Samsung will run out of stock in the meantime :(:(

Soldato
I've an S20 Ultra 128Gb unit here in Australia, and I have to say I'm properly impressed so far! Will have the 512Gb unit when I get home. Because of course I will aha.

Soldato
For the most part most communities only contain complaints or negative posts if they have had or have a problem. especially like the official Samsung one. not many people will actually post there phone is ok and you will find not even a lot of phone users will not even look at communities unless they have a problem. so i generally take negative comments ect with a pinch of salt.

I mean it is something that was documented in the media as well during launch, but seems majority of issues were patched. Although even later some reviewers still found a significant disparity in battery life in the S10 5G reviews.

Anyway not wanting to derail the thread as we don't even have any comparisons between the two chipsets for the current S20 range. However, it may unreasonable to suggest there's no difference between the SoCs, as it would he unreasonable for me to suggest that they are inferior without seeing some comparisons.

Soldato
Looks like an epic fail somewhere along the line.
Just spent 25 minutes on the phone to Samsung as I couldn't get any sense out of DPD's chat bot :rolleyes:

Samsung support say my phone has been shipped, the girl on the phone then contacted DPD and DPD have no record of it being received. The girl on the phone said she now has to escalate this internally and they will probably arrange for a new phone to be shipped, no time frame though I just have to sit tight and wait in the mean time.
Knowing my luck Samsung will run out of stock in the meantime :(:(

Not on your own dude, mine is the same. I expect that something has gone wrong in the Supply Chain somewhere
DPD status is "We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel".

Associate
Not on your own dude, mine is the same. I expect that something has gone wrong in the Supply Chain somewhere
DPD status is "We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel".

When I spoke with Samsung they say they have dispatched it, looks like they have disappeared in to a big black hole somewhere. All we can hope for now is they reappear and we get them tomorrow.

Permabanned
I've an S20 Ultra 128Gb unit here in Australia, and I have to say I'm properly impressed so far! Will have the 512Gb unit when I get home. Because of course I will aha.

Interested to hear your thoughts on it. Are you looking to use it as your daily driver with all your Mac gear?

Caporegime
Boom dispatch email. Watch the next 10 pages have the same post :o:p.

Right people with the phone, we need......
  • Pics
  • Difference between 60/120Hz
  • Battery (hard at this stage I know)
  • What bloat crap it comes with

Associate
I mean it is something that was documented in the media as well during launch, but seems majority of issues were patched. Although even later some reviewers still found a significant disparity in battery life in the S10 5G reviews.

Anyway not wanting to derail the thread as we don't even have any comparisons between the two chipsets for the current S20 range. However, it may unreasonable to suggest there's no difference between the SoCs, as it would he unreasonable for me to suggest that they are inferior without seeing some comparisons.

There’s a Chinese comparison video on YouTube showing the differences between the S20 Exynos and Snapdragon and it is clear that the SD chip is faster - it loads apps faster but no mention of battery differences yet.

The difference between battery alone last year made me switch back to the iPhone.

I am hoping the Exynos ultra is similar to the SD version because I’ve been spoilt with the battery on the iPhone 11 Pro Max - I’m not too fussed about performance differences because, in real world use, there’s no difference. It’s when once gets 3 hours more screen on time than the other is when it becomes an issue.

Soldato
There’s a Chinese comparison video on YouTube showing the differences between the S20 Exynos and Snapdragon and it is clear that the SD chip is faster - it loads apps faster but no mention of battery differences yet.

The difference between battery alone last year made me switch back to the iPhone.

I am hoping the Exynos ultra is similar to the SD version because I’ve been spoilt with the battery on the iPhone 11 Pro Max - I’m not too fussed about performance differences because, in real world use, there’s no difference. It’s when once gets 3 hours more screen on time than the other is when it becomes an issue.

Only thing about the SD versions are, resale in the UK is difficult, cant trade in anywhere and warranty.

i don't bother with Snapdragons any more although they are better, shame really

Soldato
Oh my 120hz is just super smooth...:D

I'm in the process of getting things set up but it's just a lovely device. Much happier with the front facing camera in the centre as well compared to the S10.

Will mess about with it as the night goes on but it seems really great as far as first impressions go at least.

Soldato
Boom dispatch email. Watch the next 10 pages have the same post :o:p.

Right people with the phone, we need......
  • Pics
  • Difference between 60/120Hz
  • Battery (hard at this stage I know)
  • What bloat crap it comes with

Well first thoughts:
Pics
I'll do some later

Difference between 60hz and 120.
Night and day, seriously its insane, its one thing trying it in a shop but when its on your phone in your pocket its just mad, its so hard to quantify but it just contributes to the phone feeling fast so much its mad.

Battery
so far so good, will report later properly.

Bloat
Very minimal actually, One UI seems decent too but i just went straight back to Nova as i was before mainly out of habit

Oh forgot to mention, Appears to be dual sim as well, (S20 ultra) I didn't realise that but its a nice surprise

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom