Death Stranding

Soldato
This is genuinely one of the most boring dreary and repetitive pieces of hot garbage Ive ever played. Some of the reviewers that have given this 10/10 have happily criticised other games like Anthem for its repetitive lack of content (rightly so!) but yet this seems to have got a pass because Hideo Kojima seems to have an army of fanboys for reasons I know not why.

The one thing walking simulators must have is a coherent and interesting story and this doesn’t have it, it doesn’t even have any kind of story that anyone that isn’t in Hideo’s head can fathom. How I made 25 hours I don’t know.

Associate
I gave up quite early on and Youtube'd the story, was intrigued about the story but not enough to persist with the game. I'm usually a big fan of Kojima, but he got this one wrong!

Soldato
Out of continued quarantined boredom, the wife and I picked this up on the PS4 Pro last night despite it coming out on PC in a month.

The graphics in this game are absolutely sublime, the music, the world... Holy ****. This could be AMAZING on the PC if properly ported.

For those bored, I'd suggest picking up a cheap key and playing this on the PS4.

Soldato
Judging by the screenshots & graphical options this seems like a straight port with almost nothing in the way of image enhancements. At least performance will be high. Here's to hoping the ini is wide open for tweaking.
  • Aspect ratio (16:9, 21:9)
  • Maximum frame rate (as low as 30fps, as high as 240fps)
  • Model detail (low, medium, "default," very high)
  • Memory for streaming (low, "default," high)
  • Shadow resolution (low, medium, high)
  • Ambient occlusion (on, off)
  • Screen space reflections (on, off)
  • Nvidia DLSS (off, "performance," "quality")*
  • AMD FidelityFX Contrast Adaptive Sharpening and Upsampling (CAS) (on, off)
  • Anti-aliasing (off, FXAA, TAA)
  • Depth of field (on, off)
  • Motion blur (on, off)
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...of-death-stranding-is-the-definitive-version/

Look at those low-res 8kb jpegs that masquerade as ground textures in the distance. They've haunted me in Assassin's Creed and they're back angrier than ever! At least then you had vegetation to sometimes hide them. Uffff.

DeathStranding_Screenshot_02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom