Life in the UK test/exam - best way to wing it?

Permabanned
Hi

As title, I am looking for some advice on the best way to pass this test with the least amount of study time i.e. maximum efficiency. Please no disrespectful replies or attempts to take this post off-topic to the usual areas of immigration etc. I am simply looking for the best method of studying to pass this exam that is the most time efficient.

Thanks

Associate
You need to read the book Life in Uk and do few tests from the test book and you should be fine.
Questions are similiar but not identical. Took me 90s to answer all the questions 2 years ago.

Permabanned
OP
You need to read the book Life in Uk and do few tests from the test book and you should be fine.
Questions are similiar but not identical. Took me 90s to answer all the questions 2 years ago.

Does the book contain all possible questions that you can be asked or just a sample?

Soldato
typical. wants to stay here but doesn't want to bother learning anything about the country.

At least they made an effort to learn the local language. Cant say the same for many Brits who have been living in Tenerife for years and want to retire there.

Hi

As title, I am looking for some advice on the best way to pass this test with the least amount of study time i.e. maximum efficiency. Please no disrespectful replies or attempts to take this post off-topic to the usual areas of immigration etc. I am simply looking for the best method of studying to pass this exam that is the most time efficient.

Thanks

Unfortunately you going have to do the work and study like for any other major exam.

Soldato
I did it a few years back - just read the book (I did a few weeks of skimming it here and there, not properly reading/learning so nothing stuck - then spent a few days doing it properly and then I remembered the stuff better (funnily enough :p). The practice tests help a lot, just in getting an idea of the kind of questions that come up. A lot of them are very specific for instance so you then know that you need to know exact details, rather than rough ideas. E.g. - women got the right to vote in 1919; not enough to know that it happened sometime around there, since the options you'll be given might be like 1918, 1919, 1920 or 1928. I found those quite helpful.

Remember not to use your own knowledge; just go with the book. There were questions where the book was wrong, and I knew it, but it doesn't matter, lol.

I took the 1st test and got 15 out of 24. As a Brit. Yes people need to know when Christmas Eve is and that Wales is in the UK and who the Queen is married to, but what was the point in the rest of the questions? Do people really need to know that roast beef is an English roast? Or that the first Christian communions happened in 3rd/4th century? No, I mean, REALLY guys?

Associate
You answered 18 of 24 questions correctly, (75%)

some of those questions are garbage... Recent Oscar winners ? who gives a ....

Back
Top Bottom