**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Associate
Received mine this morning nice and early. I had the s20+ in grey. Transfered everything over from my s8+ nice and easy.

I uploaded my Preorder email to the members site and they put my claim on hold. Said it wasn't good enough, quick live chat with vodaphone for proof of purchase and now sent that off.

Got it in a caseogy clear case that's nice and slim.

Associate
Spoke to amazon today, not arriving till the 13th. Apparently won't ship any early like all the networks have.... Only a few days but annoyed at having to wait

Soldato
Spoke to amazon today, not arriving till the 13th. Apparently won't ship any early like all the networks have.... Only a few days but annoyed at having to wait
Yes I meant to comment on this a few days ago. I have pre-ordered phones from Amazon before and they only begin shipping once the general sales begin, in some cases the day after. I pre-ordered a OnePlus 6T in 2018 and it didn't ship until the day AFTER general release. So I ordered my 7T Pro direct from OnePlus this time and got it 24 hrs after release day - as opposed to 3 days for Amazon after shipping etc.

Associate
I really have the upgrade bug :(

Still rocking my note 9, absolutely solid and great phone and has served me well. But the itch is strong lol.

But trying to determine if i should wait to see what the One Plus 8 offers, especially now they are suggesting will include wireless charing, as personally that is a must. Price of both phones is a factor too. I would probably go for the S20+ but 1k is tough to swallow. I did pay that for the 512gb version of the note 9 though.

Associate

Still rocking my note 9, absolutely solid and great phone and has served me well. But the itch is strong lol.

But trying to determine if i should wait to see what the One Plus 8 offers, especially now they are suggesting will include wireless charing, as personally that is a must. Price of both phones is a factor too. I would probably go for the S20+ but 1k is tough to swallow. I did pay that for the 512gb version of the note 9 though.

Well i dunno if this is any good for you ., but i am going from the note 9 to the 512 ultra and wow is all i can say. I still dunno if i should have waited for the new note 20 or what ever it is called but yes i like my new phone thus far.

Associate
Well i dunno if this is any good for you ., but i am going from the note 9 to the 512 ultra and wow is all i can say. I still dunno if i should have waited for the new note 20 or what ever it is called but yes i like my new phone thus far.

That does help me, dont know about my wallet though :D:D

Soldato

I am going against every fabric of my being and trying my damnedest to keep my 7T Pro until end of 2021 and then upgrade a generation behind the newest and continue along that path. I know fine rightly I won't as I generally get the itch to change phones after 10-12 months but keeping up with newly released flagships is just much too expensive a hobby! :p
So the game plan is to stick with what I have then get something like an S21 in mid to late 2021 - one can only dream!

All that being said I have vowed I won't upgrade to anything until fully cutout/notch-less displays are implemented. I like the pop up camera system because I never use it but it seems manufacturers are abandoning that now.

Associate
Some advice to people on ee who got a txt to say they was getting a reduced price plan you will need to ring up EE and screenshot the txt message to them so they can apply the discount, Also something else if you have pre ordered your phone from samsung and you have not resieved it yet, you can get a 10% discount go to your order and there should be a box to tick

EDIT you get the discount when you go to cancel your order there should be some txt you click on

Last edited:
Associate
you've missed the pre order special offer (free buds) so may as well wait to see what the new Oneplus is like and in the meantime we will see a price drop for the S20 range :) Win Win

Yeah I'm going resist the urge now and wait see what else comes along. Try and be sensible for a few weeks. If the one plus 8 pro matches or gets very close to this and the price is right then samsung may lower their price. Win win

Although seeing the price of the oppo find x2 I doubt it.

Associate
I am going against every fabric of my being and trying my damnedest to keep my 7T Pro until end of 2021 and then upgrade a generation behind the newest and continue along that path. I know fine rightly I won't as I generally get the itch to change phones after 10-12 months but keeping up with newly released flagships is just much too expensive a hobby! :p
So the game plan is to stick with what I have then get something like an S21 in mid to late 2021 - one can only dream!

All that being said I have vowed I won't upgrade to anything until fully cutout/notch-less displays are implemented. I like the pop up camera system because I never use it but it seems manufacturers are abandoning that now.

It's hard to resist isnt it. I was a serial upgrader years ago, used to upgrade yearly or even sooner. But due to pricing I have skipped a generation now for my last few phones, so I have completely skipped the 10 series and was going to try and skip this too until the note 20. But the first notes were internally different, they dont seem to be now and use the same soc etc and I dont use the stylus anymore. So I dont need a note, especially if internally it's going to be the same.

Associate
How are you supposed to get a digital proof of purchase?

I pre ordered mine with ee all i did was the following. in the package when you resieve your phone you had the invoice i took a photo of that then i also went to me ee order and took a screen shot of that then uploaded the both, it worked for me mine is confirmed just have to wait for the shipment information when it will be shipped ect

Associate
First full day of usage of the standard S20 and I am not impressed really. Currently at 48% battery life with a screen on time of 1 hour and 15 minutes, which is absolutely miles behind my old S10. In addition to that, my notifications are very sporadic, especially with Gmail where I often don't get any notifications until I manually open the app. I did a transfer over using smart switch - I may do a full wipe and setup manually to see if that makes any difference

Soldato
Ouch, that what I was worried about as standard S20 did offer a few nice upgrades over S10e for only a slight size increase so was mildly considering it.

Back
Top Bottom