• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK AFTER BIRTHDAY PARTY DEAL FOR THE MOANERS: GIGABYTE RX590 AT £109.99 FROM 9AM TOMORROW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm not bothered if do or don't get the games which I don't think I will.

Was just been a bit cheeky not entitled sorry if I came across that way.

Just going to enjoy my pc that I can now use because of this deal, its all up and running and all is good so far.

Associate
Managed to grab one of these and it arrived yesterday, build this weekend! :D Anyone tried overclocking it?

Only tried the automatic overclockers in the adrenaline oc settings it says 1625mhz overclocker peaks at 1630mhz for a second or two then settles at about 1560-1580mhz in heaven benchmark, all I've tried so far.

Associate
Only tried the automatic overclockers in the adrenaline oc settings it says 1625mhz overclocker peaks at 1630mhz for a second or two then settles at about 1560-1580mhz in heaven benchmark, all I've tried so far.
Thanks for the reply. Sounds about right, the official Gigabyte page states it OC's up to 1560 or 1545 in "Gaming mode" so it settling back to those numbers is probably near the max we'll get out of it.

Associate
Thanks for the reply. Sounds about right, the official Gigabyte page states it OC's up to 1560 or 1545 in "Gaming mode" so it settling back to those numbers is probably near the max we'll get out of it.

I'm impressed so far especially for the price we paid, it will do till summer when I can get 5700xt.

One thing I will say all I've read about 590's well 580's too is their hot and loud but mine didn't go above 62°c while running heaven about 4 or 5 times and the fans was about 1500ish rpm and I could hardly hear them from my couch had to put eat near the case but even then they wasn't loud.

Think my case will help with that got a phanteks p400a with its 3 fans at the front and been a mesh fronted case so YMMV.

Associate
Think my case will help with that got a phanteks p400a with its 3 fans at the front and been a mesh fronted case so YMMV.
Nice case! I have a Corsair 275Q which I'll be building it into so mildly concerned that I'm going to see high temps, will get a couple of extra fans to increase the intake and hopefully keep things cool.

Associate
Nice case! I have a Corsair 275Q which I'll be building it into so mildly concerned that I'm going to see high temps, will get a couple of extra fans to increase the intake and hopefully keep things cool.

A tip I've seen on a few forums including this one is to remover the PCIE slot covers from the case to help with gpu thermals, and you can remove the cover from the top of your corsair case which should help too, maybe put a fan up there too it mite help but I'm no expert in case airflow this is my first pc in 11 year.

Soldato
Got mine too. It's funny after handling gigantic Sapphire Nitro+ Vega cards, a normal 2-fan 2-slot card now seems like a wee thing.

In Radeon settings, remember to change the Power Limit from 0% to +50%, so that the card can make use of all 225W available to it when it wants to sustain high clocks.

Associate
A tip I've seen on a few forums including this one is to remover the PCIE slot covers from the case to help with gpu thermals, and you can remove the cover from the top of your corsair case which should help too, maybe put a fan up there too it mite help but I'm no expert in case airflow this is my first pc in 11 year.
Sounds like sensible advice regarding the PCIE covers, I'll take a look and add a fan or two if things get toasty, as the case comes with 2. Funny how 'budget' becomes mid priced when all is said and done ;)

In Radeon settings, remember to change the Power Limit from 0% to +50%, so that the card can make use of all 225W available to it when it wants to sustain high clocks.
I'll check that out in MSI Afterburner, thanks!

Associate
Increased the power limit, added a 5% overclockers so it was clocked at 1622mhz, increased the fans a little bit and ran heaven 3 times temps topped out at 75°c.

Don't know if that's any good or not but it is what it is.

Soldato
There's a little thing called trading standards which upholds that an advert cannot be misleading if it is to be legal.

There is 100% entitlement to get what the advert says you are paying for. That's written into our law.

That the product is cheap without all its advertised constituent parts is neither here nor there; nor would it be any defence in court.

You must get what the advert says you will get. Misleading customers is illegal.

I'm not saying that has happened here but talk of "entitlement" is odd. People will naturally want what the advert said they would get. Nothing unreasonable about that.

Barking mad. Under consumer law you are, of course, free to return said item to the store for a full refund, including the shipping fee, as it was a mistake. You can also spit up in the sky and wait for it to come down, but I don't advise that either.

Caporegime
Barking mad. Under consumer law you are, of course, free to return said item to the store for a full refund, including the shipping fee, as it was a mistake. You can also spit up in the sky and wait for it to come down, but I don't advise that either.
But the point is you shouldn't encourage dodgy practices by calling people "entitled" when what they receive differs from what the advert implied they'd receive...

Business is amoral at best, and often entirely immoral/unethical/abusive at worst. Trading standards bodies and related legislation exist - and are 100% required - because if they didn't, you could pay for a 2080Ti and get sent a chewed pencil instead. If it was legal *it would happen*.

Adverts that mislead consumers into believing there is more on offer than is really the case are very much not allowed. You should not make excuses for businesses that engage in such practices, unless you're an anarchist ;)

Associate
But the point is you shouldn't encourage dodgy practices by calling people "entitled" when what they receive differs from what the advert implied they'd receive...

I don't think that's the context he meant it in, I thought he meant moaner people would always feel entitled to an even cheaper card than what was on offer, not receiving something you thought would be something else.

I might be wrong, perhaps he'll be along at some point to clear that up..

Soldato
Sounds like sensible advice regarding the PCIE covers, I'll take a look and add a fan or two if things get toasty, as the case comes with 2. Funny how 'budget' becomes mid priced when all is said and done ;)

I'll check that out in MSI Afterburner, thanks!

Could I ask some questions about that case... I really need to know the distance from the top of the PCI slots to the start of the vertical slots... Pic may help... I need to know the blue line length.... So I can work out how tall cards can be to fit in the red and green spaces without fouling on the yellow... (and its not 3 dual slot GPUS ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom